Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload Help

JamesEM

There are a few small things that add up to a bit of time overall, but we are talking a couple of tenths here.

Hand speed- you need to be going to that mag like there's a thousand dollar bill in it. You aren't moving slow, I just think you could be faster. 

After you complete the load you are dropping the slide and rebuilding the grip, then presenting the gun.  Do all of that at the same time.  (that was only really noticeable to me on the slowmo video, but again, we are talking a few hundredths here that can be gained)

It also seems like you are getting the mag all the way to the gun, pausing a bit, then really tensing up to jam it in there. Are you trying to get the gun to auto forward? 

You're going to need to complete the load in one smooth motion to get that fastest times.

That being said, visually acknowledging that SLIGHT pause as you insert the mag will lead to more consistency, and that extra tenth (or less) that it takes is probably worth it in an actual match.

Also, just for comparative purposes, nearly everyone who is going to brag about their reload times is not referring to slide lock reloads. I know I certainly don't, so don't beat yourself up over a 1.3 load.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyiP3bC7OE

Edited by waktasz

• 2 months later...