Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting grips to your hand.

I recently purchased a Shadow 2 and I really like the thin factory grips. After very little shooting with it, I definitely want a more aggressive texture. Through some research it appears I may want wider grips to fill my hands better. I have large hands, but does that mean I definitely need the wider grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's all preference. Over time I've changed how I grip my gun so grip panels have changed as well.

I think you should ensure the grips allow for correct function first and then go with comfort. By function I mean do they allow your trigger finger to contact the trigger in the exact spot you want with out having to shift your hand around a lot? Off the draw, does your hand position consistently and again contact the trigger exactly like you want? Can you hit the mag release, slide release and safeties easily? 

I recently changed my trigger finger placement so the trigger is in the joint area and not the pad. To accommodate this I needed a thinner grip on the right side.

If you like the current grips but want more texture, try adding jb weld and silicon carbide.

It's all preference. Some people are more picky. A friend has gone through probably 10 different sets on his Shadow 2. Currently he has some from LOK he had them do a custom thickness and then he added silicone carbide to areas.

I've tried a few and have come back for a 2nd time to the LOK Shadow 2 palm swell bogies. I think I prefer the texture of the Henning aluminium grips, but they aren't quite thick enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a the LOK palm swells and Hennings ordered. Those sound like the most popular. I might try the CZC grips with the micropockets. I like the idea of EVO type texture on the shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, robchavous said:

It's all preference. Some people are more picky. A friend has gone through probably 10 different sets on his Shadow 2. Currently he has some from LOK he had them do a custom thickness and then he added silicone carbide to areas.

I've tried a few and have come back for a 2nd time to the LOK Shadow 2 palm swell bogies. I think I prefer the texture of the Henning aluminium grips, but they aren't quite thick enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"friend"

• 3 weeks later...