Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2 or shadow for carry optics

AngeloConde

Hey guys getting back into uspsa, and was wondering which do you prefer for carry optics, shadow 2 or sp01, I've owned the cm, tac sport, and shadow 2, but due to recent event I had to get rid of them.... so starting off fresh. 

Thank you in advance yall

I also went with the Shadow 2 (sent it to CZC) but that is the CZ that I owned. my buddy has a target II and that

is lighter and has a better trigger out of the box but is not the same size as the S2. The S2 fits my hand better

the target II fits my buddy better (and he also has an S2 and never shoots it anymore)

49 minutes ago, AngeloConde said:

Are they the same mags? I'm a smaller guy, I've had the shadow 2 but sold it so I dont remember how exactly it felt

same mags for both pistols

both shoot well, just depends on what you like heavier or lighter pistol. not that the SP01 Shadow is a light gun

1 hour ago, jripper said:

I have both.  I like the Shadow 2, but honestly when my optic broke, and I switched back to my back up Shadow 1, it really wasn't that big of a change.  It's strictly a personal preference. 

Notice any accuracy changes from 1 to 2, if I get the shadow I want to do the 10x or accu bushing but dont know if that is carry optics legal.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:58 PM, AngeloConde said:

Oh sweet I may just get a shadow then once I get the funds swap the bushings out. I appreciate all of your guys help

I have a shadow 2 with a 10x and one without.  I can't really tell the difference.  I need to reinforce my bench again so I can test them in the Ransom.  The S2 as it comes seems plenty accurate.

I have an S2 and love it! But I just bought a Accu Shadow to convert to CO that I got a good deal on. It is a lot more expensive to convert a S2 to CO and get it to the same level as a Accu Shadow or Shadow Target. With the AccuShadow and ST all you have to do is get the slide cut, all of the custom work on the fire system is done and no lightening of the slide is needed. Just my .02    JD

Edited by JDIllon