Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1:00 Tracking

Acsr

Hey I've shoot open for 3 years, i track the dot fine, but always get a 1 o clock dot travel instead of directly 12 o clock, I'm sure it's in my grip which I would like to adjust but looking for some quick bits of advice to get me a bit of a head start as I sort it out. Thanks for the input

11 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

It doesn't matter if it tracks straight up, so long as it returns. If you watch it lift and can call your shots, then it is irrelevant where it goes IMO

I agree, but I guess I would like a grip that produces a straight up and down path,  does most people's guns go up and down or do they stay a bit

mine also track to the 1:30 position and I have spoke with several dot shooting (CO and Open) and this holds true for them as well.  For me it is all about if it does the same thing every time and returns to the same spot.

Oddly enough mine tracks straight up and down. Could the comp affect how the dot tracks? I don’t have any side ports on my comp, just 3 ports up. When I was shooting a shorty with a Trubor barrel that had ports on the side the dot didn’t track very well. But I don’t know if that was from the comp or just because it was a different setup. 

I think your 1:00 tracking is in the thumb-rest / grip combo.
I test things and sometimes I try shooting with my hands doing a push pull and the dot seems to track more straight up and down.
I also do not think it matters. You need to see where it lifted to call the shot and watch it settle back who cares if it’s at 11:00 - 1:00?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk