Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Official Match, First DQ

tacomandood

58 minutes ago, Eureka1911 said:

Huh?

The saying,” There are those who have DQED and those who will DQ” is most likely what brought about the BS reply. Gary has said it before and I tend to agree. There are many shooters who have never DQED and most likely never will. AND there are those who DQ twice in a month. If it happens it happens. There is no guarantee a shooter will DQ in their shooting lifetime. Just like there is no guarantee they won’t.

I get that. I was pretty sure I was on that road. Always super careful, never compromise safety for speed. Then I screwed up. Paid the price and learned a lesson. Was not trying to make light of it, but the RO was a M class shooter and right after I holstered after showing clear those were the words he said to me. Your point is well taken however, no matter how long you go, there is no guarantee you won't. 

11 minutes ago, Eureka1911 said:

the RO was a M class shooter and right after I holstered after showing clear those were the words he said to me. Your point is well taken however, no matter how long you go, there is no guarantee you won't. NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL EITHER.

I think RO’s say things like that to make shooters feel better. Even the peanut gallery will inevitably have at least one person say it if the RO doesn’t. 

As has been said many times, there are only 2 kinds of shooters, those that have been DQ'd and those that will. I went 32 matches, over 180 stages before my first, which was yesterday. 2nd shooter, first stage. Shooting though holes in walls and narrowly slits. Zipping right along, moving backwards and to my left (right handed shooter), and I broke 180 bigly during a reload! So there's something I'll think about long and hard. Better still I drove 3 hours and spent money on a hotel. Let's just say it was a long ride home!

Been there done that, twice. That’s why I avoid moving left reloads like the plague! I now plan my stages so if possible all reloads are while moving right or forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I think RO’s say things like that to make shooters feel better. Even the peanut gallery will inevitably have at least one person say it if the RO doesn’t. 

Really didn't make me feel better. I knew I screwed up. Sorry for even bringing it up. I wish it had not happened, clearly I need to refocus myself.

6 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

Before or after making GM?

Interesting either way.

Seems like it would be harder to push yourself through all of the learning curves on the way up so maybe before would be more of an accomplishment, but maybe competing at ludicrous  speed over time would be more of a challenge. As an old B class hacker I will never know :) . 

18 hours ago, Eureka1911 said:

Huh?

I think the point is that excepting that  you WILL dq is the wrong way to look at it, and could lesson people's  safety awarness cause, "everybody is going to", kinda makes it seem ok.  Everyone doesnt have to dq, and i bet there are some people who never will, if you do however, learn from it and move forward, but don't downplay it