Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Grips

whoflungdo

If you don’t like the palm swells techwell, I think you can get some LOK grips. As far as standard profile 1911 grips, it’s probably just in my head but the VZ Aliens feel thicker in the hand than most standard grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DSPerman grips are my favorite since they'll replicate the front strap of the 2011. Along with just about every other dimension. 

I recently got ahold of the Hogue thick G10 grips. I did a little reshaping of the panel and it felt pretty good, and I liked how squared it made the sides and back feel. They're also very affordable.

But they don't wrap around the front strap and it still feels narrower in front than the 2011 grip or the DSP grips as a result. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 3:04 PM, whoflungdo said:

Anyone have suggestions on 1911 grips that are much wider? I have shot Limited with a steel grip 2011 for years and the 1911 is way thin for my grip.

Strike Industries makes some that are pretty wide. Don’t know exact dimensions, but they made it hard for me to get to an oversized release and I have semi-large hands.  Switched to G10’s and am extremely happy.

• 2 months later...