Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 SP-01 Disconnector question (won't release hammer)

mikeinctown

It's been almost a year since I have touched anything as I've had some elbow issues. I'm finally feeling better and trying to get my backup tuned to be 100%. I have the CGW kit in it with their new disconnector and sear. When I pull the trigger all the way back in DA it sometimes does not release the hammer. I'm right on the edge with this as if I pull the trigger faster it will release half the time but if I pull very slowly, I run out of trigger travel before the hammer drops. I remember posting about this last year but never got around to doing the work.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the advice in the past was to remove a couple thousandths from the top of the disconnector. (not the bottom of the sear or front face of the disconnector) Before I do this I wanted to make sure I remembered what I was told way back when.

36 minutes ago, SouperMan said:

Assuming it was working previously, check the over travel screw to see if it needs to be backed off, and check to see if the trigger bar lifter spring needs to be adjusted, before filing the disconnector. 

I did do those other things when I originally fitted the kit. This has been like this since I installed the kit. When I called CGW when I did the mods, they mentioned the spirngs and I measured the height of the lifter spring and made sure it was riding in the small groove on the trigger bar. By over travel screw I am assuming you mean the screw in the trigger, and yes, it is backed out.