Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Places To Shoot Trap In & Around Phoenix ??

Bill T

Other than Ben Avery, does anyone know of any place in and around the Phoenix Metro Area that's left for Trap shooting? When we moved here, (west side), from Lake Havasu City back in 1997, Litchfield Park Trap & Skeet was just 2 miles down the road. It was a beautiful facility. Then they closed. We then joined the Surprise Sportsman's Club. They were located right around the 303 & Grand Ave. A bit of a drive, but not too bad. They were closed down before we ever got to fire a shot. Red Mountain Trap & Skeet also closed up not long after that.

I know Rio Salado has some clay target shooting, but that's a 50 mile drive for me each way. (I'm at the 101 & Camelback). Same with the Wickenburg Sportsman's Club. I'm a member at the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club. But all they have is a manual thrower off to the side of the High Power Range. It's really a shame how many places have been shut down for one reason or another. I would really like to dust off my Trap guns now that I'm retired. But that is becoming a difficult task without going on a long safari, and spending more on gas than targets.