Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas star

I am in the market to purchase a Texas star and I am looking for opinions and or reviews of what company produces the best one as far as action and ease of resetting. Also it will mostly be shot with shotgun only using bird shot. 

Red stitch.  Competitive price, great quality, and the owner supports the sport of 3 gun.  I like the magnets that are used on red stitch stars better than the spring on other stars.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, DJD said:

Red stitch.  Competitive price, great quality, and the owner supports the sport of 3 gun.  I like the magnets that are used on red stitch stars better than the spring on other stars.

Red Stitch beats everyone elses using magnets to secure the paddle retainers. MGM's springs that hold the paddles wear out real easily and you have to buy the spring from MGM and they are expensive.

Other option MOA Targets good quality and reasonable priced. MOA offers Texas Star kits too.

Edited by The Donald

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We have 2 different stars from MGM, but I’d be willing to look at the Targets USA model as well. They make good products and the price points aren’t bad either. If we were in the market I’d look into them more heavily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have shot all those listed in previous posts.  

I can say from experience that I have seen all those mentioned have malfunctions of some type except for 1.  

We ran over 200 shooters through the Red Stitch Texas Star at a state match without a single malfunction of any type.  It is magnetic and it performed flawlessly.

All of those listed are good but my best experience has been with Red Stitch.

I am really liking the Innovative Targets star. Uses a trailer hub for the bearing so its grease-able and easily replaced. The base has a built in paper stand for added no shoot fun and the star portion itself is removable so that you can put a spinner on.

• 1 year later...

My local range just purchased a Redstitch. I give it a 9.5/10. They had to do some grinding to get the plates to fit right into the grooves but man.... that thing is sweet and convenient with the magnets! Super smooth. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...