Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spacers in ST I Get 1 mags

chrisstophere

Do these spacers get glued to rear of the tube so it doesn't rattle? Is the top of the spacer supposed to sit flush with the top of the mag, the place with the U notch? Is the follower supposed to come all the way to the top like an unmolested mag? For some reason, it just seems like I'm not doing something right. 590b06b709dfff0b11ebf169fb6570b3.jpg

I silicones my metal spacers in because I don’t like rattles. But you can just leave them loose. Mine sit much closer to the top of the tube. Basically at or slightly below the matching cut out.

Follower should come all the way up. Is that a 9mm follower or a 38? 

I silicones my metal spacers in because I don’t like rattles. But you can just leave them loose. Mine sit much closer to the top of the tube. Basically at or slightly below the matching cut out.
 Follower should come all the way up. Is that a 9mm follower or a 38? 
Is this looking correct?02f7e9222d19094c95da261055cce0d9.jpg

I will say that with good springs and followers I have never had any reliability issues with either one. Attached or loose.
I'm running Grams sand the only issue that doesn't seem right at the moment is that the 2nd or 3rd down catches when I'm loading the mag

On 10/12/2018 at 3:40 AM, chrisstophere said:

Thank you for the pictures. I'm guessing the back of my mag is out of spec based on your picture I guess it could be the spacer is cute too wide, but based on the she if the mags, I don't think so.

If you put on an aftermarked base pad instead of the STI base pad with the floorpad lock, your spacer will sit lower due to the missing floorpad lock :)