Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic division question

Akkid17

I am wanting to get a pistol built that will comply with classic division and single stack. My question is, are butler-style cuts on the slide considered stirrup cuts per the rules? Does anyone know where I can get official confirmation on this?

Thanks!

The reason I ask is that I sent in a build for SVI and when I talked with the tech he said the butler cut was not IPSC legal, which I can’t find anything to support that other than it’s not a traditional stirrup cut. 

Global Village is no longer an official IPSC forum but, from Classic legality discussions in recent years, the exact shape of the cuts has never been seen as an issue. Any cuts that go through the slide are a no-no.

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/forum/132-classic-division/

(I suspect only members can view the threads)

Got some info on the difference of a butler cut vs a stirrup cut. The two pictures I posted earlier are both stirrup cuts just different styles one with a short radius and one with a long radius and a butler cut is having a longer fram that is almost the same length of the slide just has a slight cut back to make it not full length. I’m lther words a butler cut on a 5” gun would make the dust cover over the classic legal 75mm and therefore not be allowed in the division. 

43E0F942-D03B-4278-81EE-569DCA60FCB4.jpeg