Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Akkid17

Classic division question

I am wanting to get a pistol built that will comply with classic division and single stack. My question is, are butler-style cuts on the slide considered stirrup cuts per the rules? Does anyone know where I can get official confirmation on this?

Thanks!

I could only find pics of Butler cuts, where the frame is pretty long. There's a limit on frame length in IPSC rules.

4 hours ago, eern said:

Email the NROI to be positive.  

Do they preside over IPSC as well?

Yes and no, but if he doesn't know he would at least know who does.

Top one is the standard stirrup cut and the bottom pic with 2 guns have the butler cut. It’s just a more squared to the slide cut in front of the dust cover

D2CC3B60-24D2-4E03-823B-C98EB4CD21AD.jpeg

6C2B0645-E43C-4E23-9379-A7695FEE1976.jpeg

I would consider the bottom photo a ball radius stirrup cut.

Here's a discussion on Butler cuts:

As long as your dust cover doesn't extend more than 75mm from the rear of the slide stop pin, any style stirrup cut should be acceptable

The reason I ask is that I sent in a build for SVI and when I talked with the tech he said the butler cut was not IPSC legal, which I can’t find anything to support that other than it’s not a traditional stirrup cut. 

Got some info on the difference of a butler cut vs a stirrup cut. The two pictures I posted earlier are both stirrup cuts just different styles one with a short radius and one with a long radius and a butler cut is having a longer fram that is almost the same length of the slide just has a slight cut back to make it not full length. I’m lther words a butler cut on a 5” gun would make the dust cover over the classic legal 75mm and therefore not be allowed in the division. 

43E0F942-D03B-4278-81EE-569DCA60FCB4.jpeg