Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Excuse me. But...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if IFG meant "some models" (like Stock 1) in 9/40 will be large frame, but not Lim Pro?  Don't recall Lim Pro has 45 caliber.  Breakdown by model instead of by caliber will be more clear. 

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

When will they be available to buy?  Asking for a friend.

51 minutes ago, mwc said:

It's OK.  I'll probably get one too.

Hope folks don't take a year before they start selling them used this time.

I hate waiting these things out. Usually weaken when the price changes from rare teaser to ok we have some we want to sell. 

:) 

My question to them was do you have a limited pro in 10mm. Answer was next month. I then asked if they had limited pro's in both large and small  frames. Awnser was what I had in quotes in my previous post. 

I'm not sure about 45's, but the limited pro was previously available in 10mm.

If the limited pro is now coming in both small and large frame as i was told, then more options are definitely a good thing imo. 

9 hours ago, 01Deuce said:

Here is some information I  was given from IFG regarding frame size and caliber. 

" 9 and 40 will be available in both small and large. 38, 10, and 45 large only. "

Small frame is too small for 38, 10, 45. That's why large frame was invented.

11 hours ago, 01Deuce said:

My question to them was do you have a limited pro in 10mm. Answer was next month. I then asked if they had limited pro's in both large and small  frames. Awnser was what I had in quotes in my previous post. 

I'm not sure about 45's, but the limited pro was previously available in 10mm.

If the limited pro is now coming in both small and large frame as i was told, then more options are definitely a good thing imo. 

Very nice!   We may see more Lim Pros cut for CO soon.

Any rumors on pricing? 

There are 3 IFG Stock 1's on gun broker right now all priced $125 - 150 over what they are listed at on PD and BS & etc websites (not in stock). Snooping around a bit it sounds like the price bump is coming prior to the dealers. 

Am wondering if IFG works on a low volume high profit business model, they seem to be focused on high end stuff aside from the Tanfo's. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:47 PM, Drtheo said:

So there will be overlap in the line ups?

38S, 10MM, and 45 are too long to fit in a small frame magazine. Those guns must be large frame.

A 9mm or 40 can fit into a small (CZ mag sized) frame. But are frequently seen in large frame as well in the USA because that’s what EAA has been importing for years.

20 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Any rumors on pricing? 

There are 3 IFG Stock 1's on gun broker right now all priced $125 - 150 over what they are listed at on PD and BS & etc websites (not in stock). Snooping around a bit it sounds like the price bump is coming prior to the dealers. 

Am wondering if IFG works on a low volume high profit business model, they seem to be focused on high end stuff aside from the Tanfo's. 

I saw that as well. I'd buy a Stock II at those prices over the Stock I.

5 hours ago, OPENB said:

I saw that as well. I'd buy a Stock II at those prices over the Stock I.

Makes a CZ a real bargain when you consider the money it takes to make a Tanfo trigger nice. If I decide I want something IDPA legal I guess I will go back to something based on the SP01 if the Tanfo pricing stays that high. 

20 hours ago, Drtheo said:

Any chance the tanfo steel 1911 will be part of the new offerings from ifg?

I have the steel frame Elite 1911

WARNING.....this is one of the first times you will hear me say something not good about a Tanfoglio.
- The overall look of the gun is very good. (until you look close up....the bluing on the slide is rather "blotchy" and flat (unlike the Stock 3)
- The trigger is HORRIBLE ! Frankly it is on par with their poly frame 1911 or a basic Para.
- Barrel....well when you look at a TF Stock 2 or Limited barrel....they look well made...the 1911 barrel...well..it just does not seem of TF quality.

- I comes in a really crappy case.

So I am thinking about getting a trigger job done on it and a new barrel and bushing. (might get the slide re-blued)

TF needs to step up their game on the steel frame 1911.

1911-2.jpg

1911-3.jpg

Edited by DenverDave

25 minutes ago, Drtheo said:

To bad, you would think a company with so much experience in high end guns would have come through with a higher end 1911

They’re Italian. Ferrari and Lamborghini are notorious for fit & finish issues in ultra high end supercars.

Tanfo is just applying this mindset to guns.

Are their any Tanfo's that don't look like butt if you check them real close?

I like shooting the guns so I'm not a hater of any sort, it just seems like finish and doing things like making 2 frames to the same dimensions is just not their thing. 

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

it just seems like finish and doing things like making 2 frames to the same dimensions is just not their thing. 

I believe that they cast frames in the morning before their two hour lunch break.

In the afternoon, the rough castings are each handed to a different worker who probably had half a bottle of wine at lunch. This worker finishes that frame to their personal satisfaction. By hand. With a dremel tool. :D 

Edited by MemphisMechanic