Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm10mm on SA website as of 10 10 18

jcc7x7

yes please,,, 30 oz backcountry gun. seems like a rugged dependable platform, way more rounds on tap than a 357 revolver,  Probably fit in my tankers rig, Might be just what I have been looking for.

I carry a Taurus .41 Tracker which holds 5 rounds at a weight of 36 ounces empty. I will say up here in NW Montana, I still feel undergunned. In all reality, an 800 pound bruin charging you is more then likely going to take a miracle shot to stop it. You might get two shots off before Mr. Griz runs your ass over and is using you for a yard dart. Hopefully the 3rd round is for you.

I will more then likely buy this as an insurance policy to have the extra rounds. Bear spray was considered the most effective deterrent, which I also carry since I would hate to kill a bear, but the last guide in WY that used a can on one is now deceased. Bears do what bears do.

The other avenue of thought up here in the bear tundra is to use a .22. Only takes one well aimed shot to stop a grizzly bear. Put that round in your buddies knee, then run for all you are worth. Bears are too lazy to chase the fast ones.

• 2 weeks later...