Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TSO and Shadow2

chowellacsbd

I just received my second TSO as well. It came with a new aluminum trigger,  Shadow 2 safety installed, and the mag catch similar to Shadow 2's. The catch  is the best improvement ever! Unfortunately, it also has a different trigger guard. Now I have to use two different DAA insert to run both guns.   

Here's a pic of one of the new TSOs.  However from what I've read, you aren't guaranteed to get this configuration.  I''ve seen new guns with old version grips, safety & mag release and combinations thereof.

New_TS_Orange.jpg.7356f9717b6b4a822626d82b3e656abf.jpg

Edited by muncie21

55 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Here's a pic of one of the new TSOs.  However from what I've read, you aren't guaranteed to get this configuration.  I''ve seen new guns with old version grips, safety & mag release and combinations thereof.

New_TS_Orange.jpg.7356f9717b6b4a822626d82b3e656abf.jpg

That’s the new TSO with the old trigger guard. I don’t understand CZ’s mindset. Some older TSOs have the newer trigger guard from the new czechmates which have thinner profile which requires a different insert for the race master or alpha x holster.

6 minutes ago, George16 said:

That’s the new TSO with the old trigger guard. I don’t understand CZ’s mindset. Some older TSOs have the newer trigger guard from the new czechmates which have thinner profile which requires a different insert for the race master or alpha x holster.

There doesn't appear to be consistency from CZ (from what I can tell) as to what is currently being manufactured. 

CMs started off with the wider trigger guard and cast checkering from the TS models.  When TSOs were introduced they were different from their TS cousins because (among other things) the frames had the thinner trigger guards and different front/back straps.  Seems that the CMs followed suit for a bit.  Then I start seeing new CMs and TSOs with the older TS design grip and trigger guard, along with the TS 'Blue' which looks to me like a TS with full dust cover.

I pay attention to this stuff as I'm currently looking for a used CM with the thin trigger guard and improved checkering on the front/back  strap.  With lots of people using generic CM photos, I ask for actual photos of the pistol being sold.  This has allowed me to see the multitude of variations in the market currently.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program?

5 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

There doesn't appear to be consistency from CZ (from what I can tell) as to what is currently being manufactured. 

CMs started off with the wider trigger guard and cast checkering from the TS models.  When TSOs were introduced they were different from their TS cousins because (among other things) the frames had the thinner trigger guards and different front/back straps.  Seems that the CMs followed suit for a bit.  Then I start seeing new CMs and TSOs with the older TS design grip and trigger guard, along with the TS 'Blue' which looks to me like a TS with full dust cover.

I pay attention to this stuff as I'm currently looking for a used CM with the thin trigger guard and improved checkering on the front/back  strap.  With lots of people using generic CM photos, I ask for actual photos of the pistol being sold.  This has allowed me to see the multitude of variations in the market currently.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program?

I agree with you. I got the 2018 TSO with finer checkering but rounded and thicker trigger guard. When I bought my CM last May, I was hoping to get the new CM with older trigger guard so I don’t have to buy another race master insert but when it arrived, it’s the new CM and it has the thinner trigger guard so I had to buy another holster insert from DAA.

Back to our scheduled program ?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program[emoji41]
I'm with you, Muncie.

I too, am looking for a CM with the fine checking and the thin undercut trigger guard and beaver tail, so I can use a high grip.

I was at a loss, worried which variation I might get, until you said, just request pics of the actual gun for sale. Thanks for the tip.

11 hours ago, chowellacsbd said:

Love the trigger, not sure if the *thumb rest [generic]* will stay though. Rides a bit close to the slide stop.

Dead nuts accurate though!

Threw a set of lok grips on it...gtg

Get an Advance Ratio or IPSC Alex thumb rest. The pad is a lot bigger and ergo is better compared to the stock. I got an older two hole Advance Ratio on mine.

5 minutes ago, George16 said:

Get an Advance Ratio or IPSC Alex thumb rest. The pad is a lot bigger and ergo is better compared to the stock. I got an older two hole Advance Ratio on mine.

Does it use the same hole pattern and fitment as the OEM TSO rest? I see they only have a FB page, no website.

1 hour ago, Ozy said:

Have been intrigued by the CZ ts orange for a while.... has anyone compared it o any of the upper eshelon 2011s? Particularly the svi infinites?

The TSO is half the price and you can work on it yourself. 

On a separate note, it's officially the off season so the 9mm barrel came out. I forgot how ridiculous the TSO is converted to 9mm.

The TSO is half the price and you can work on it yourself. 

On a separate note, it's officially the off season so the 9mm barrel came out. I forgot how ridiculous the TSO is converted to 9mm.

Are the 40 barrels out?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk