Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Nationals, Nov 10-11, Clinton, SC

Going to be flying in for this match. 
Is Greenville the best airport to fly into? 
I'll have to mail all my ammo as well. 
Has anyone here shot at Clinton House?
Can you drive to the stages or do you need a cart? 
Thanks.

20 hours ago, rr4406pak said:

Thanks.

Not sure about the airport. 

If this is your first time flying to a match I would ship my ammo at least 1 week prior to ensure it arrives (usually 2-3 days) this gives you a buffer to ship additional ammo if it doesn't arrive. 

Clinton House is a large property, you will be driving to the different stages.  There are 3-4 bays but everything else is spread out like Peacemaker and Rockcastle.

Good Luck

For airports you have two choices that are about the same distance from the Clinton House:  Greenville (GSP) and Columbia (CAE).  GSP is about 10 minutes closer and my preferred pick but I would check both to see who has the cheapest rates.

Edited by s2000red

Charlotte would not be bad.  Most of the drive would be interstate and according to Mapquest, would take just over 2 hours from airport to range.

Unfortunately I don't know about shipping ammo there.  Below is the address to the Clinton House but I would definitely contact someone before shipping it.

The Clinton House Plantation
15171 Hwy 56 North
Clinton, South Carolina 29325

(864) 833-0274

On 10/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, rr4406pak said:

I'm thinking of flying into Charlotte, NC (because I like to fly JetBlue :-). Not too far of a drive from there.

Would you know what address to send the ammo to? Would I need to contact them first?

Check with your hotel to see if they accept packages and will hold it for your arrival.  I've always shipped mine to the hotel.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, rr4406pak said:

Thanks.

Blackwater Precision will be on site and are offering a nice little package.  their website is blackwaterprecision.com..  Pick what you need, enter 3GNNats2018 and save 5%.  Check "pickup in store" for free shipping!  Their ammo is top of the line and added AA's and slugs to their site to be a one stop shop!

Shot there a few times, the few days they have you'll park once but everything else you'll drive to. I don't know how the match will be set up but if they are using the same areas as Task Force Dagger than you'll be looking at 70% driving 30% walking

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, rr4406pak said:

Anyone ever stayed at their lodging onsite?

There are accommodations next to the pond or closer to the road (house) that I would recommend, I would not recommend the metal pole barn bunkhouse.  Stayed in it in June and during the day it was about 125-130* inside with all of the air conditioners running 100%, didn't cool down until 2-4 am in the morning.

Couple of hotels about 10 mins from the range if you can't stay there.

Edited by jackson923