Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger AR556 MPR for entry level rifle?

Ryanwarner37

Hey guys, have any of you had any experience with Ruger's MPR for 3-gun? I'd love to have something nicer, but I'm trying to keep a tight budget. It seems like a fairly well featured rifle for the $650 that sportsmans outdoor superstore has them up for right now. If you know of any reliability issues or quality control issues, let me know. I don't love the 2 stage trigger, or the comp, but an 18" 5R barrel, rifle length gas system, and a slim 15" handguard is a good start

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Be hard to find a complete rifle with that setup for unde that price. Did a quick google search and most entry 3gun rifles are $900 plus. Don’t even think you could put one together for cheaper than that. May not be the flattest shooting but as your budget allows upgrade trigger, comp and and whatever optics. 

Be hard to find a complete rifle with that setup for unde that price. Did a quick google search and most entry 3gun rifles are $900 plus. Don’t even think you could put one together for cheaper than that. May not be the flattest shooting but as your budget allows upgrade trigger, comp and and whatever optics. 
My thoughts too. And they have a package deal through the end of the month with either a sig romeo 5 or a vortex sparc ar for $730.

5 minutes ago, Ryanwarner37 said:

My thoughts too. And they have a package deal through the end of the month with either a sig romeo 5 or a vortex sparc ar for $730.

Hope to see you get out there and shoot limited division with that rifle. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to 3-guns. I bought the Ruger AR556 MPR about a year ago. This is my first AR and I like it. I participated in a couple of local matches and I didn't have any problem with the rifle. It came with Vortex Strikefire, and I switched to Vortex StrikeEagle 1-6 so that I can see a 200 yard target.

• 2 weeks later...