Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
BartCarter

Multiple sights on PCC

I see in the PCC Appendix you can have different sights on a PCC, red dot, laser, etc.  Can you use two different sights mounted on your PCC on a given stage?  Say, start with laser on a few close shots and then transition to your red dot for the further shots?

Posted (edited)

Yup  oops, maybe.

I really have to pay more attention to what forum I am in...

Edited by ChuckS
wrong sport...

Sorry,.... nevermind. 

Edited by B_RAD

23 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Can't wait to try this on a close start from the hip. ?

I tried it in practice, with my M&P Compact and didn't like it - pointed gun

and didn't see a dot anywhere - didn't know how to adjust it onto the target,

since I didn't know where I was pointing.

Be interested if you have a different experience with it.    :) 

On 10/9/2018 at 4:45 PM, BartCarter said:

Can't wait to try this on a close start from the hip. ?

Be sure to get lots of practice before match day.  I decided to give it a try a while back, first with a .22LR then with my PCC.  With the .22 it was no problem keeping two quick shots in the A zone.  Move up to the 9mm and the second shot would move right to the outer edge of the C zone unless I was willing to drastically slow down for the second shot.

Finally I found that if I could stabilize the buttstock better, I could decrease the split time and keep the second shot in the A zone.  I have a DAA magnet on my belt.  Moved over to just above my right pocket (strong hand side), I found that I could rest the buttstock on the magnet and pull the gun into my hip with my weak hand.  Made a world of difference.

With practice I also found that this technique only saved me time if I had some movement between the first and second target using that time to bring the gun up to my shoulder.  If the first two targets were in close proximity, it was better to just go with the red dot.

I have a laser and a C-more mounted on my USPSA PCC.  I've experimented shooting from the hip with a laser pointed at the target.  From my experience, I like the laser pointed at the target when one shot is required first. (Steel or popper) It's easier and faster to only have to take one shot before bringing the gun up.  On metric and standard USPSA targets, the first shot was good and the second was harder to control.  I do love my green laser in the Florida sun.  

3 hours ago, stick said:

I do love my green laser in the Florida sun.  

Sorry to hijack the topic, but how far can you see a green laser in the sun (I can

see my red dot only to about 5-10 yards in the sun, and it's not easy to see at 10 yards).    

9 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sorry to hijack the topic, but how far can you see a green laser in the sun (I can

see my red dot only to about 5-10 yards in the sun, and it's not easy to see at 10 yards).    

When I shot CM 99-63 Merle's standards, which is 35 yards, I could see my laser on the back target.  The good thing with the Chinese lasers is they don't have the same standards the US has.  They are much brighter.

52 minutes ago, stick said:

When I shot CM 99-63 Merle's standards, which is 35 yards, I could see my laser on the back target.  The good thing with the Chinese lasers is they don't have the same standards the US has.  They are much brighter.

Did you use just the laser for all six shots on T3 (the 35 yard target)?

45 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Did you use just the laser for all six shots on T3 (the 35 yard target)?

I did.  It was a bright sunny day and I could see the laser pretty clear.  I thought I had video, but apparently not.

Edited by stick

2 hours ago, stick said:

I did.  It was a bright sunny day and I could see the laser pretty clear.  I thought I had video, but apparently not.

Pretty impressive.  Even in practice I limit myself to about 10 yards if the target requires more than one hit.