Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI +2 basepads

Babayaga

The best you're going to get out of any magazine that fits the 140mm gauge is going to be 23 rounds. That is the case whether you're using the 17-round tube with large Springer/TTI base pad, or the 21-round tube with small Springer/TTI base pad. I have tried every combination of OEM tube, Springer/TTI base pad, with and without Grams Engineering springs and followers. There is just only so much room in a given length of the magazine, regardless of what combination of parts you use to get to that length.

If you put the larger Springer/TTI extension on the 21-round tube AND use Grams 13-coil springs and followers, you should be able to get 27 rounds in it. Which is the same capacity you would get from adding Springer's +10 base pad to the 17-round tube, which is intended to fit the 170mm gauge.

The only thing I have not yet tried is putting Springer's +10 extension on the OEM 21-round tube. The reason being is currently nobody makes a spring long enough to keep adequate tension on the remaining rounds in a magazine of that length, and it would be well over the 170mm length limit for USPSA Open division

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 5:32 PM, jaep1911 said:

Thanks Rich406 for the info!!. I bought the TTI base pads for my PPQ Q5 and all three extended mags that I put together with them failed the gauge by approx 0.5mm.

Oh damn. Where do I need to remove this material from to make mine gauge; I run this same setup (with Grams P320 spring & follower for 23, of course. ;))

On 10/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, Rudukai13 said:

The best you're going to get out of any magazine that fits the 140mm gauge is going to be 23 rounds. That is the case whether you're using the 17-round tube with large Springer/TTI base pad, or the 21-round tube with small Springer/TTI base pad. I have tried every combination of OEM tube, Springer/TTI base pad, with and without Grams Engineering springs and followers. 

This has been confirmed. TTI w/Grams follower in the 21 round mag will only get you 23. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 1:16 PM, Rudukai13 said:

The only thing I have not yet tried is putting Springer's +10 extension on the OEM 21-round tube. The reason being is currently nobody makes a spring long enough to keep adequate tension on the remaining rounds in a magazine of that length, and it would be well over the 170mm length limit for USPSA Open division

Little bit of a thread revival but you van modify glock magazine springs to work with the p320 magazine. You just clip off a hooked part on it. TTI sells extra power springs for 31 rd glocks and the also sell them for the 31 +10 base pad for pcc.

I’m planning on buying the  promag 32rd magazine and putting a springer +10 pad on it with the glock pcc spring. Basically piecing together a 42rd magazine but I think with how modular the  p320 is and all of the braces and grip modules with stocks coming out it would be awesome to have the option for much higher capacity. We just need a company other than promag to make a big stick for it and someone to sell the kit to make it all happen instead of piecing things together.

Also from what I understand, if you get the TTi +2 basepads then don’t Bother getting the grams follower kit right? You won’t be able to fit 24 in there. But if you get the springer precision basepad, you kind of need to get it to be able to fit 23? Or am I off base?

1 hour ago, HickLife said:

Also from what I understand, if you get the TTi +2 basepads then don’t Bother getting the grams follower kit right? You won’t be able to fit 24 in there. But if you get the springer precision basepad, you kind of need to get it to be able to fit 23? Or am I off base?

If you get the TTI +2 and put it on the 21-round magazine tube, I would still get the Grams Engineering spring and follower kit. It won't allow you enough room to add a 24th round, but it does give you a tiny bit more wiggle room with the 23 rounds that make seating the magazine much, much easier. If you don't get the spring and follower kits, you'll still get 23 rounds out of the 21-round tube with TTI +2 base pad, it will just be very tight and you'll have to really force it into the grip for it to seat properly.

In my experience the Springer base pads do require the use of the Grams follower and spring kit in order to fit that last 23rd round

Edited by Rudukai13

43 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

If you get the TTI +2 and put it on the 21-round magazine tube, I would still get the Grams Engineering spring and follower kit. It won't allow you enough room to add a 24th round, but it does give you a tiny bit more wiggle room with the 23 rounds that make seating the magazine much, much easier. If you don't get the spring and follower kits, you'll still get 23 rounds out of the 21-round tube with TTI +2 base pad, it will just be very tight and you'll have to really force it into the grip for it to seat properly.

In my experience the Springer base pads do require the use of the Grams follower and spring kit in order to fit that last 23rd round

That makes sense. Now I’ve seen some mixed things about the grams follower kit, Do you get slide lock with it or no? Some parts if springers website says no, but a video alma posted said yes so I’m confused.

2 hours ago, HickLife said:

That makes sense. Now I’ve seen some mixed things about the grams follower kit, Do you get slide lock with it or no? Some parts if springers website says no, but a video alma posted said yes so I’m confused.

Every Grams follower I have retains the slide lock function