Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI +2 basepads

Babayaga

Has anyone tried the TTI+2 basepads with a Grams follower kit on the 21 round 320 mags?  What I’m trying to achieve is 24+1 capacity and I don’t know if I’m chasing a pipe dream. If I do my math right 21+2 gets me 23 and the Grams kit should get me to 24.  Am I nucking futs?  And if this is possible is it a loadable mag on a closed slide? I don’t want to have to beat the mag into the gun.  Thanks all.

6 minutes ago, chenault said:

No the grams got me one more with my springer extensions.  I get 25 now with the 140mm extension 

Chenault-Thanks. Which springer extension, the +2 on the 21 RD mags?  And is that 24+1?  And can you load the mag on a closed slide and everything is copacetic?

It's the 140mm extension, which I think is the biggest you can get and still be CO legal.  I just checked and 3 of mine get 26 and one gets 25.  Barny one and I can start with 27 on those.  I only get that with their grams guts and follower, not with Springers springs and the stock follower. 

Chenault-I’m sorry but I’m old and slow and not understanding. 

Are you starting with the Sig 320 21rd mags (the X-five mags)?  

And which mag extension are you using from Springer?  They have 2 different ones that make the 140mm mark depending on whether it’s a 17 or 21rd mag to start. Ones a +2 and the other is a +5.  I’ve attached a couple of photos of what I’m looking at. Thanks again. 

14666365838322051478444.jpeg

P320%20140mm%203.jpg

So actually, and ironically, this thread may of helped me out more than you.  On the plus side, I looked at the TT basepads and I think I like those more than the Springer ones.  The pin seems much easier than the screw that the Springer Precision ones use. 

I am using the Springer pads, but I will be replacing them soon with the Taran versions. Springers are a pain to maintain during a match. Tarans appear to be much more user friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rocket99 said:

I am using the Springer pads, but I will be replacing them soon with the Taran versions. Springers are a pain to maintain during a match. Tarans appear to be much more user friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have you had to do to maintain them during a match? I put mine on, tightened the screw, and have been shooting them all summer without problems. I just lucky with reliable mags I guess. I guess the only thing that could happen is the screw backing out.

29 minutes ago, OPENB said:

What have you had to do to maintain them during a match? I put mine on, tightened the screw, and have been shooting them all summer without problems. I just lucky with reliable mags I guess. I guess the only thing that could happen is the screw backing out.

Every time they hit the ground, unless it's a grass bay.

I clean mine to get the sand out

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Every time they hit the ground, unless it's a grass bay.

I clean mine to get the sand out

Yep.... Even though the 320 can tolerate a lot of crap it can still have mag related issues when you have a match in dusty or muddy conditions and you are continuously dropping your mags into that stuff. 

17 hours ago, Babayaga said:

I’ve bit the bullet and ordered some TTI +2 Mag ext. and my buddy ordered an extra Grams follower so I will report the results. Fingers crossed. 

Please. I am following this thread. Do you have a mag gauge? If yes, can you also report how much room for variation there is with the TTI +2 Mad Ext? Thanks .

6 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Please. I am following this thread. Do you have a mag gauge? If yes, can you also report how much room for variation there is with the TTI +2 Mad Ext? Thanks .

Someone does in our club. TTI says it fits the 140 mark and their stuff is muy bueno.  Ill let ya all know. 

7 hours ago, Rich406 said:

It fits the mag gauge, I have one and have tested.

Thanks Rich406 for the info!!. I bought the TTI base pads for my PPQ Q5 and all three extended mags that I put together with them failed the gauge by approx 0.5mm. The length of the mag tube varies from one to another and that is why I was asking about a room for variation (a cumulative error).