Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 Illinois Sectional presented by SNS Coated Bullets August 23rd-25th, 2019

We were overwhelmed by the support this year and had record attendance for an Illinois Sectional in 2018. Thanks to all the support and appreciation all the shooters and sponsors have expressed, the staff, and the support of the Northern Illinois Section members...Ryan has decided to run it once again.

With the new logo, it will be apparent who our 2019 title sponsor is, so want to give a big shout out "Thank You!" to SNS Coated Bullets for being the 2019 title sponsor. Jim and Ryan...I and the rest of the shooting community appreciate your support an involvement in the sport.

Match date is scheduled for August 23rd-25th, 2019. Based in early reports, this is 3 weeks after Area 3 and 2 weeks prior to Area 5, so we hope this fits into everyone’s schedule.

573230d2bd711f3307a4d2b87e71e8c1.jpg

• 1 month later...

We get  a great turn out for this match, with a good number of M's and GM's.  And there is a reason.  It has become a top notch sectional match, with stages above and beyond what one normally sees at this level.  I remember shooting Illinois Sections that were nothing but an overgrown club match.  These recent matches run by Ryan Clouse and Kyle Smith have been awesome!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

With all the antigun bill that's being pushed, how likely are these bill to pass as laws? This will surely after a number of participants. 

We're monitoring the situation closely.  We've got over 200 people registered so far, so it doesn't seem to be scaring people off.  All of the bills we've seen thus far have proposed implementation dates of 2020 or something like that.

17 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

We're monitoring the situation closely.  We've got over 200 people registered so far, so it doesn't seem to be scaring people off.  All of the bills we've seen thus far have proposed implementation dates of 2020 or something like that.

Ok. I hope there's opposition to this, and I mean strong ones. Also I read that there's a 300 day window for the law to be in full effect if signed. 

• 6 months later...

I can say in almost 20 years of shooting USPSA I have never shot a stage with a big tree directly in the middle of the shooting area before.  My luck a bird will s#!t on me during my run.  Or I'll be attacked by a rabid squirrel.   

48 minutes ago, jripper said:

I can say in almost 20 years of shooting USPSA I have never shot a stage with a big tree directly in the middle of the shooting area before.  My luck a bird will s#!t on me during my run.  Or I'll be attacked by a rabid squirrel.   

Gotta keep you on your toes. It’s not a tripping hazard, but then again neither are most things I’ve tripped and fell over before. 

8 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

Are you going to be there Saturday afternoon to walk stages?

I should be. Doing some live fire early Saturday and then need to get some stuff done around the house. Hoping to get to the range around 4ish.

Another great Illinois section is in the books.  This match is continuing to grow each year.  Good variety of deceptively hard stages.  And of course sand, lots of sand.  Thanks to Ryan, Dave, Eric and all my fellow staff that worked the match.  Thanks to all the shooters who reset, pasted, and worked to keep things running smoothly.  Hope to see you all back next year.