Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scammers on Armslist

blindmarksman

Had another one this morning while looking for a czechmate. He had pictures and everything but when I tried to get him to call me he's suddenly deaf and can't speak on the phone. As soon as I called him out he deleted the post and no response. Forever sticking to Brian Enos classifieds.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 11:11 AM, blindmarksman said:

Had another one this morning while looking for a czechmate. He had pictures and everything but when I tried to get him to call me he's suddenly deaf and can't speak on the phone. As soon as I called him out he deleted the post and no response. Forever sticking to Brian Enos classifieds.

I only ever had one success on a arms list and i think it’s because I was the seller. Somehow got lucky! Enos is where it’s at for sure, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/6/2018 at 12:11 PM, blindmarksman said:

i just want to say that guy is still running that scam today. So be on the lookout. Claims hes deaf.

• 3 weeks later...

I got taken by a scammer on Armslist.  Paid using a US Post Office money order.  USPO (or the postal inspector) didn't give a %&$# about anything and ignored me.  Don't buy into the BS that a postal money order is "safe" or that you'll get reimbursed if it is lost or stolen.   I'll only buy through a store-front shop from now on (or face-to-face w/ cash).

• 8 months later...

Very interesting!  I have had my experience with an individual on this website.  Agreed to sell me an item and when funds were sent never sent item.  I thought integrity was something that Firemen had in there character.  Unfortunately has become deaf and non responsive to communication.  Still continues to participate in other forums.  My experience has left me very puzzled about certain people.  I have learned to do things with a little trust now.  I surely agree with the place scammers belong. 

2 hours ago, Meli2127 said:

Very interesting!  I have had my experience with an individual on this website.  Agreed to sell me an item and when funds were sent never sent item.  I thought integrity was something that Firemen had in there character.  Unfortunately has become deaf and non responsive to communication.  Still continues to participate in other forums.  My experience has left me very puzzled about certain people.  I have learned to do things with a little trust now.  I surely agree with the place scammers belong. 

While most of the firearms community is very upstanding and trustworthy, there are a few scammers who take advantage of our trust. Luckily they usually get made pretty quickly but ultimately someone always has to suffer before the scammer is revealed.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, Garmil said:

Yep recently ran in to a scammer on there as well. Figured it out by copying and pasting the item description and finding the exact one gunbroker.

Best first line of defense from online scumbags.  Armslist is a FTF only deal.  I've shipped mags, parts & gear as a seller on AL, but  no way I'm buying unless FTF.