Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip amount

NumberTwo

I have played with many different levels of aggressive grip textures.  I tend to prefer a less aggressive texture because I have short finger and thumbs so I have to flip the gun a little to accomplish reloads.  When I have a super aggressive texture, I am unable to make grip adjustments on the fly during a stage.  Also, if it is too aggressive, I have a hard time doing long practice sessions.  

Keith

Tyler Firearms Instruction 

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

What division?

If you’re a Production shooter, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the current rule set. This isn’t 2017.

I read every post but didn't see anyone else mention production!

I like mine aggressive enough that it won't slip in sweaty hands but not so much so that chews my hands up in the process. On 1911s I prefer Pachmayr Grippers with the wrap-around replaced by grip tape and a checkered MSH. On others I experiment with different combos till I find something that works.

sandpaper grip works well and I like the feel of it on polymer guns.  The problem is that no matter how good of an applicator you are, it will fall off.  Stippling or silicone carbide is good for those guns.

Big fan of Taran's stippling, as his is the perfect amount.

By far the best is the pt grip for 2011's.

• 4 weeks later...
I think its personal preference for sure. When I first started I used grip enhancers like skateboard tape etc. After a while I tried using thumb assist and found I could get a perfect grip every time without use of friction devices. For fun I tried putting Tetra (Oil) on grip and much to my surprise, it made it slightly faster because your hand slides into correct position faster. I dont do it anymore because it gets on your hands and is messy but the point is with thumb assist you can get perfect grip and dont need friction devices.. That did not work for Carry guns, but now since they are putting thumb assists on Carry Guns, for me it makes the point mute.
What the hell is a "thumb assist?"