Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC start position ?

troupe

1 hour ago, pyrrhic3gun said:

Firearm types are not separated within their respective divisions,

Not separated within their respective divisions. Open division, Limited division, PCC division...…………...as I read it all compete together in their division, not as a group in whole. I'm not saying having PCC shooters start different is right or wrong but I am saying things can be interpreted in different ways by different people, and nether person is necessarily right or wrong. People need to kick back and relax and not take things so serious. Life's too short to sweat the small things.✌️

Edited by blacklab

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the original question.  I would direct you to the very first page of the USPSA rule book, under "Principles of USPSA Competitions."  
Principle #3 states: 
"Firearm types are not separated within their respective divisions, all compete together without handicap".  I would say different start areas would indeed cause a handicap.

uspsaprinciples.JPG.a37ada869bc65041bed12d287a4c92b5.JPG
You're misinterpreting as this doesn't apply to the OP. This means you can't make Glock shooters in Production do something different from CZ shooters in Production.

I'm not arguing one way or the other on PCC, but this example doesn't apply.

I can't find anything in the rulebook preventing an MD from having every division use a different start position. It seems dumb, but I can't find where it's illegal per the rules.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Patrick Scott said:

Yup. It's up to the MD. Any MD that wants to slow his/her match down by not allowing it is free to do so. 

Sometimes it's a club/range issue one has no say in though.