Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
021411

Stretch 15

Recommended Posts

Anyone in recent times use this barrel? The clearance price was too hard to pass up. My current 3-gun lower is Form 1'ed so I'm not concerned about pinning a brake. The Stretch 15 seemed like a good compromise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are the gas port sizes on these? 

Adjustable gas block needed?

 

Mick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MickB said:

How are the gas port sizes on these? 

Adjustable gas block needed?

 

Mick

Same size port as 16.  Should be great with non-adjustable gas block.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our daughter has been running one this season -- fixed gas block (it does have a reduced size port), low mass carrier, gutted carbine buffer w carbine spring. Its a fantastic barrel that shoots equally as well as its slightly larger brother the Stretch16. For the price they were on clearance for, they are tough to beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Says they are out of stock on stretch and strong side. Am I missing something? For that price I'm sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are sold out ... the OP mentioned the sale was hard to pass up so sounds like he got in on it while they were available but was just questioning now about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owell, not the first time I missed out on a good deal lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I snagged one before they sold out. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up on running the barrel with a non adjustable gas block. I have plenty in the parts bin. As soft as everyone says it shoots, is there any benefit to even thinking getting an adjustment gas block? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 021411 said:

I snagged one before they sold out. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up on running the barrel with a non adjustable gas block. I have plenty in the parts bin. As soft as everyone says it shoots, is there any benefit to even thinking getting an adjustment gas block? 

I’m willing to bet you will have a really nice shooting rifle without having to use an adjustable gas block with this barrel.  I would run it with non adjustable, and i’m OCD about my how my rifles shoot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I have the Stretch16s while, as noted, our daughter runs the 15 ... I have an SLR adjustable block on mine and the Mrs runs fixed just like the kiddo ... everyone runs a low mass carrier with gutted buffers. Running my reloads, I dont notice much of a difference, if any, between the one with the adjustable gas vs the fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A gutted carbine buffer any different than say a Taccom carbine buffer setup feel wise? I run the Taccom on my 18” setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 021411 said:

A gutted carbine buffer any different than say a Taccom carbine buffer setup feel wise? I run the Taccom on my 18” setup. 

 

Probably about the same. Just didnt need to spend more on the Taccom when I always have carbine buffers floating around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

 

Probably about the same. Just didnt need to spend more on the Taccom when I always have carbine buffers floating around

Ah I see. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×