Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stretch 15

Anyone in recent times use this barrel? The clearance price was too hard to pass up. My current 3-gun lower is Form 1'ed so I'm not concerned about pinning a brake. The Stretch 15 seemed like a good compromise. 

Our daughter has been running one this season -- fixed gas block (it does have a reduced size port), low mass carrier, gutted carbine buffer w carbine spring. Its a fantastic barrel that shoots equally as well as its slightly larger brother the Stretch16. For the price they were on clearance for, they are tough to beat

I snagged one before they sold out. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up on running the barrel with a non adjustable gas block. I have plenty in the parts bin. As soft as everyone says it shoots, is there any benefit to even thinking getting an adjustment gas block? 

1 hour ago, 021411 said:

I snagged one before they sold out. Glad I did. Thanks for the heads up on running the barrel with a non adjustable gas block. I have plenty in the parts bin. As soft as everyone says it shoots, is there any benefit to even thinking getting an adjustment gas block? 

I’m willing to bet you will have a really nice shooting rifle without having to use an adjustable gas block with this barrel.  I would run it with non adjustable, and i’m OCD about my how my rifles shoot.  

My wife and I have the Stretch16s while, as noted, our daughter runs the 15 ... I have an SLR adjustable block on mine and the Mrs runs fixed just like the kiddo ... everyone runs a low mass carrier with gutted buffers. Running my reloads, I dont notice much of a difference, if any, between the one with the adjustable gas vs the fixed

10 hours ago, 021411 said:

A gutted carbine buffer any different than say a Taccom carbine buffer setup feel wise? I run the Taccom on my 18” setup. 

Probably about the same. Just didnt need to spend more on the Taccom when I always have carbine buffers floating around