Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
RGC

Single Stack, 10mm/40 170 Mags

Out of curiousity, are these made and by whom?  I was wondering if I could, if the problem present, use my single stack 40 as a back up to my 2011 should the need arise.

I have those...and they are not 170's...looking for 10mm (40 long capable) 170's.

Which do you have. In the Tripp I am not talking about the System Mags (Cory Mags).

Both have the 170 mm 10 round. I just sold my Tripp Mags but maintain the Wilsons.

A 170mm 40 mag would hold more than 10. He's looking for an open-length big stick mag, only in single stack 40/10mm. I've never seen such a mag, doubt there is much demand.

I made a few years ago, the major problem is getting a spring that will last. After 5 full compressions the spring would start to fail. I wouldn't put in the last two rounds until I was doing "Load and make ready". It was fun to beat up on the double stack guys. I would only use the 170 length mags if the stage dictated, I mainly used 9, 10, and 12 round mags the most.

Rich

2 hours ago, RIIID said:

I made a few years ago, the major problem is getting a spring that will last. After 5 full compressions the spring would start to fail. I wouldn't put in the last two rounds until I was doing "Load and make ready". It was fun to beat up on the double stack guys. I would only use the 170 length mags if the stage dictated, I mainly used 9, 10, and 12 round mags the most.

Rich

How many rounds did it hold?

I don't know if a 170mm 40/10mm mag exists.

But lots of guys run Wilson 47D mags to feed their 40s so I assume a Wilson 10round 45acp mag would be a good place to start.

To get a 170 length mag you have to weld one up using 2 mags. If I'm not mistaken it will hold 15 rounds, I would have to find them and check to be sure. I know I modified the follower to get it to work. At that length the top 3 or 4 rounds want to nose dive, so bullet profile is another key factor for reliability.

Rich

1 hour ago, robertg5322 said:

You could try running .40 S&W or 10mm ammo throught one of these, might work, or it might not.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/kci-1911-45-acp-15-round-magazine.html

If you want 9mm/.38 Super, try this place.

http://www.climags.com/1911-magazine-38-super-15-round-nickel-mag/

Great catch...

I am looking for a "JIC" situation and a little creativity.  I am going to order the 45 and see if I can tweak it at all..if not, its $15....

Received it today....lol.  Its a solid 240mm mag....