Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New pistol for both idpa and uspsa

Just got an email back from Tanfoglio saying they no longer produce the Limited Pro model.  At first he said no longer importing but when inquiring further, it was no longer producing.

Why is it so hard to find an IDPA legal full metal frame gun.  IDPA needs to relax.

1 hour ago, Harlow said:

The SP-01 Shadow seems like the obvious answer here. Perfect for production and SSP legal. You don't really lose much to the shadow 2 in my opinion. 

If it was me I would get a + - $600.00 new SP01 and then just add the Cajun Gun Works goodies and call it a day, or buy one already Cajunized. It  fits my hand better than a S2. 

On 11/5/2018 at 1:02 PM, keonard said:

Just got an email back from Tanfoglio saying they no longer produce the Limited Pro model.  At first he said no longer importing but when inquiring further, it was no longer producing.

Why is it so hard to find an IDPA legal full metal frame gun.  IDPA needs to relax.

Sure they are. IFG is about to begin importing them again (although they’re taking their sweet time doing so.) EAA has nothing to do with the importation of this gun, so if you contacted them, that’s the answer you’ll get.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I used to shoot sp01 in IDPA and USPSA, but I moved to Stock2 for USPSA and Lim pro for IDPA now, I main problem I am having with shadow is that it does not have a decent checking on the grip, don't know about your guys, but that's huge for me.

I ordered some skateboard grip tape and stuck it on the front strap and back strap of the shadow and I like it a lot more than Tanfoglio's checkering. Less painful and grippier. Palm swell bogies for the grips.

1 hour ago, Harlow said:

I ordered some skateboard grip tape and stuck it on the front strap and back strap of the shadow and I like it a lot more than Tanfoglio's checkering. Less painful and grippier. Palm swell bogies for the grips.

I tried tape as well, but it won't last very long.... 

IMG_3075.jpeg

Hmmm, I cleaned my grip with alcohol and applied the grip tape very carefully and it hasn't moved or anything for a few thousand rounds. Used Jessup brand griptape cause I noticed that's what a popular grip brand was using too. I believe I heated it up when applying it to set the adhesive too.

33 minutes ago, Harlow said:

Hmmm, I cleaned my grip with alcohol and applied the grip tape very carefully and it hasn't moved or anything for a few thousand rounds. Used Jessup brand griptape cause I noticed that's what a popular grip brand was using too. I believe I heated it up when applying it to set the adhesive too.

Honestly I tired all that..... the thing is that the front and back strip on shadow are not entirely flat.... which makes it move, I would say the tape stay on my flat grips much better.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

1911's rock too. 

I think you could find one :)

You bet they do. I'm currently using a Dan Wesson Pointman-9 in IDPA ESP. This same gun can be used in USPSA SS Division. 

I have to shoot Minor loads with it, granted, but it's unlikely I'll be heading to the Nationals any time soon. 👍

• 1 month later...