Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Extended Safety in Production

nasty618

Hi all, 

I asked this in another thread, but not sure if USPSA Rules folks visit that area of the forum...  https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/255819-extended-rocker-safety-for-production/  I thought i might have a better chance of getting a reply here. 

I got a few search hits on other forums that indicated that extended safety might be legal when S2 would be approved fro Production, but those were from over a year ago with no further confirmation since... Although S2 has been Production legal for a while, I searched the list of Production legal guns, i cant seem to find any rules for safeties or modifications specific to Shadow 2...

So two questions, if you dont mind:

1. Is Shadow 2 extended safety legal for USPSA Production?

2. Can this extended safety be modified externally (slimmed down a bit) and remain (or become, if it wasnt) legal?

Thanks in advance!

465423250012.png

img_8807.jpg

Per the February, 2018 update to App D4, it no longer matters if the safety is on another approved model:

Exchange of minor External components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

Edited by JAFO

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Legal assuming it fits the box with it installed

Good point.  I was reading the OP as wanting to put the Shadow 2 safety on another CZ.  If it's an aftermarket extended safety you want to put on your Shadow 2, you have to make sure it's not too wide and still satisfies App D4, 7:

Maximum size, handgun and all magazines (revolvers are exempt)

Yes. Handgun with empty magazine inserted must fit wholly within a box with internal dimensions of 8 15/16" x 6" x 1 5/8" (tolerance +1/16", - 0") (8.938" x 6" x 1.625") (227.01mm x 152.40mm x 41.28mm)

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 8:55 AM, JAFO said:

Per the February, 2018 update to App D4, it no longer matters if the safety is on another approved model:

Exchange of minor External components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

Happy to see this!!! Thanks for the info!!!