Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
andyivan

Dan Wesson PM9 vs STI Trojan

I too have both, my STI has been highly modified and is basically only a STI slide frame with a few of thier small parts.  When I picked up the PM9, the only mods were adding grips and magwell, then lightly breaking the edges on the back of the thumb safety lever, lightening the factory trigger a little.  In the end, both are similar, but I have far more $ into the STI so it is easy to say just go with a PM9.  DW's are fit tigher and have better lockup too, so it will last longer.

Hello: You may also look at the Sig Max in 9mm and an older Springfield Loaded with an adjustable Bo-Mar style rear sight. The 1911's are different on how they feel in your hand so buy the one that fits your hand the best. The Kimbers were nice also. Thanks, Eric

I have a stainless trojan in 9mm. The guns nice and accurate but the finish is trash. My frame and a couple other components are pitted...

24 minutes ago, AndyG said:

I have a stainless trojan in 9mm. The guns nice and accurate but the finish is trash. My frame and a couple other components are pitted...

The Trojan frames were hardchromed IIRC.

6 hours ago, RePete said:

The Trojan frames were hardchromed IIRC.

If it was hard chrome its all gone. I'd throw a picture up but it's over the size limit here. It was built in 2010.

I have a Trojan and my dad has a PM9, so I’ve handled and shot both.....as soon as I’m able I’m going to get myself as PM9. It is superior in every way.

I haven’t handled a PM9 but I have handled a lot of STI single stacks and a couple of Dan Wesson’s. If it were my money, I would go PM9 every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, bucky707 said:

I shoot an STI Trojan in 40. Looking to get a second 1911, but want to stick with a 40. Since the Trojan is no longer made what are my options?

There is a real nice Akai 40 SS in the classified section.

Seems like a good buy

Wrong time of year for me!