Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson PM9 vs STI Trojan

andyivan

I've had both, the PM9 was the better built gun. The Trojan has an undercut trigger guard, but the fit was just looser all over. Slide to frame, barrel bushing, etc. The PM9 was solidly fitted. Bushing wrench was needed to turn the bushing. Absolutely no slide frame wiggle. Tack driving accurate. I consider it the last stop in a production line gun; next stop, custom built.

I have a trojan 9 and my pal has a pm 9. Get a pm 9. The sti is great and functions perfectly. The pm 9 is just one notch up. The finish on the sti comes off quickly if that bothers you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have both. PM9 is a really sweet gun. Mine has a tight chamber and is a little more picky than the Trojan. But is a true joy to shoot. 

The Trojan is a workhorse(see what I did there?) it eats everything I throw in it. Crazy accurate. Maybe more so than the PM9. It’s not as pretty but the trigger is a bit nicer. 

Trojan was cheaper by a few hundred bucks. I would probably go Trojan if you are on a budget. You won’t be disappointed oth either though. 

I shot both when I was shooting SS had a Trojan in 40 kill myself for selling it but I really enjoyed both guns the PM9 is a better gun in my opinion and it is the premier 9mm SS fun for a reason but I shot my Trojan extremely well cant go wrong either way 

I've got both. Fit and finish is a little better on the PM9, and I definitely prefer the hard chrome finish on the PM9. My PM9 is a little more accurate in my hands, and had a better factory trigger. Both have had EGW ignition parts and a trigger job, so that doesn't really matter. My PM9 gets used all the time and my Trojan is turning into a safe-queen. No knock against it at all - I just like the PM9 a little better so it gets all my trigger time for SS. I'm glad I have both, especially since STI dropped the Trojan , but if I could only get 1 - it' d be the PM9.