Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms Solution or SPS Vista

Wvaughn7

2 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

Hey guys quick question some are saying that sti mags work others have issues so ??? Can sti or MBX mags work with vista 38 sc?  Thanks for info

I use SPS mag and STI mag, both work for my SPS Vista Long in 38 Super.

MBX mag sits higher than above 2.

Somehow my barrel do not work with 9 mm 121 gr .355 bullets. With 125 gr 38 bullet it shoots great.

Can you let me know if that is the case for you?

3 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

Hey guys quick question some are saying that sti mags work others have issues so ??? Can sti or MBX mags work with vista 38 sc?  Thanks for info

I have two sti gen 2 140mm 40 mags and they work great. I just bought 2 mbx mags today. Should have them this week so I’ll try them asap. I friggen hope they work. 270 dollars for two mags is steep. 

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

^^^^^^This^^^^^^ 

5.5” is standard. Same size slid as a 1911 but you have to add a 1/2” to the barrel for the threads for the comp. the 9mm SPS has a shorter slide then a standard 1911. 

Ohh ok. I kept wondering what they meant by short when it had a 5 inch barrel. 5 inches including the threads for the comp. So ya it is kinda short then. Idk if I like that.   To bad they don’t have the long in 9mm. I’d say I’d buy the 38 then put a 9mm barrel on it, but after that plus the optic I’m basically at the price of the CK. That’s what I’m leaning more towards anyways. If I was into 38 super I’d definitely consider the vista long

1 hour ago, Magictalent said:

I use SPS mag and STI mag, both work for my SPS Vista Long in 38 Super.

MBX mag sits higher than above 2.

Somehow my barrel do not work with 9 mm 121 gr .355 bullets. With 125 gr 38 bullet it shoots great.

Can you let me know if that is the case for you?

I’m deciding if i wana “pull the trigger “ on one of these, how many mags do they come with? And from what I’m understanding your saying the .355 projectiles doesn’t work?  What are you meaning by this? 

2 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

I’m deciding if i wana “pull the trigger “ on one of these, how many mags do they come with? And from what I’m understanding your saying the .355 projectiles doesn’t work?  What are you meaning by this? 

One mag come with the gun. And I have 4 SPS mag. All work great. .355 bullet shoot all over place at 25 yard. .357 2 inch group free hand.

I appreciate all the help from each of you over the last couple days and due to the shorter barrel and smaller comp on the SPS and the fact that I would still have to buy a sight and magazines I think I’m going to go ahead and go the CK route. I have no problem with used guns either and am actually looking at a couple now so if anyone has anything in the under 3k price range they are wanting to get rid of let me know, as I will be looking to buy probably within the next couple weeks. 

Edited by Wvaughn7
Typo

8 minutes ago, Wvaughn7 said:

I think I’m going to go ahead and go the CK route

I  think you'll be more then happy with a CK. I tried the shorty gun in a STI Steal Master and just couldn't get used to it.

I ended up grabbing a CK Thunder with a steel grip from a member on here for a good price. Definitely not what I expected to be grabbing but it should be here at the end of the week and I will give my thoughts on it both then and after shooting it for the first time. I shot my open Glock at the local match Saturday and couldn’t handle it anymore. It’s hard to get good with a gun you dislike. 

2 minutes ago, Wvaughn7 said:

I ended up grabbing a CK Thunder with a steel grip from a member on here for a good price. Definitely not what I expected to be grabbing but it should be here at the end of the week and I will give my thoughts on it both then and after shooting it for the first time. I shot my open Glock at the local match Saturday and couldn’t handle it anymore. It’s hard to get good with a gun you dislike. 

I’m in the processing of buying a trubor from a member here myself, and likely retiring my open Glock. I’m excited. I’m gonna keep my glock though, for backup since the parts on a 2011 aren’t plug and play like out glocks. So if something breaks, it’ll likely have to go to a gun smith for repair and Ill be without a gun. I’m hoping I can learn to work on these guns like I’ve learned glocks inside and out. 

At my club matches (not uspsa) Ive been  shooting my sps limited gun faster then my Glock open gun, that’s when I knew it was time to move on. The trigger makes such a huge difference in split times. The local gm I know says the same, he runs .10s with his 2011s, and at best runs .25s with glocks, which over a stage adds up to quite a bit of time.

I think my Glock splits are somewhere between 0.3 and 2 days, or maybe that’s just how it feels. I don’t have a true 2011 in any other style of gun but my actual 1911’s and rock island double stack gun are all more friendly to shoot then the Glock. I am in no way saying the Glock is a bad gun, it’s just not what I am used to or prefer. The very first gun I ever shot was a 1911 in 45 so that’s what I learned the best and continue to prefer. 

10 hours ago, Wvaughn7 said:

That's great, I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm 110% sure you'll like the CK. 

1 hour ago, jasphotos said:

I have a STI trubor in 9mm that I want to sell if your interested.  Very lightly used.  Have both C-more and delta point sites.

John

this is not the forum to sell items.  Please post in the classifieds once you can. 

The gun I bought arrived at my FFL this morning just before lunch and I got there just as they were closing to pick it up. Let me just say it blew away my every expectation. This gun was well worth the extra money over the Glock I had previously built, and I’ve only dry fired it so far. It feels so much smoother and better in the hand than any other gun I’ve ever felt. Anyone sitting on the fence wanting a CK go ahead and dive in, the waters fine. Also a shout out to @chenault for an awesome pistol and super smooth transaction.  

CF395128-983F-4D79-BB63-10BC2C50E887.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Wvaughn7 said:

The gun I bought arrived at my FFL this morning just before lunch and I got there just as they were closing to pick it up. Let me just say it blew away my every expectation. This gun was well worth the extra money over the Glock I had previously built, and I’ve only dry fired it so far. It feels so much smoother and better in the hand than any other gun I’ve ever felt. Anyone sitting on the fence wanting a CK go ahead and dive in, the waters fine. Also a shout out to @chenault for an awesome pistol and super smooth transaction.  

CF395128-983F-4D79-BB63-10BC2C50E887.jpeg

Damn dude, that’s one nice looking gun. My trubor, well it’s a trubor slide and barrel  on a PT frame should be here tomorrow. Is that in 9mm or 38 super? I had like 5 offers for open guns, all 38s, not a single 9. So mine is a 38. I’m probably gonna get a 9mm barrel for it. But I bought a case of 38 super ammo so I can atleast take it to the range a few times before sending it off to the smith. If you don’t mind sharing, what did you pay for it? I just looked up the thunder open guns and they’re pricey brand new. 

Edited by Jfitz427

21 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

Damn dude, that’s one nice looking gun. My trubor, well it’s a trubor slide and barrel  on a PT frame should be here tomorrow. Is that in 9mm or 38 super? I had like 5 offers for open guns, all 38s, not a single 9. So mine is a 38. I’m probably gonna get a 9mm barrel for it. But I bought a case of 38 super ammo so I can atleast take it to the range a few times before sending it off to the smith. If you don’t mind sharing, what did you pay for it? I just looked up the thunder open guns and they’re pricey brand new. 

Thanks, it truly is a work of art in my opinion. This one is in 9 which was a must for me. I already loaded 9Major for a Glock so I knew I could make it safely in a 2011 patterned gun and didn’t want to spend the coin on super brass and have to worry about chasing brass at every match. 

9 hours ago, Wvaughn7 said:

Thanks, it truly is a work of art in my opinion. This one is in 9 which was a must for me. I already loaded 9Major for a Glock so I knew I could make it safely in a 2011 patterned gun and didn’t want to spend the coin on super brass and have to worry about chasing brass at every match. 

Exactly why I 9. I’m not thrilled mine is coming in 38,  it I got a really good deal on it so I’m gonna order a 9mm barrel soon and have it fitted. You’ll have to let us know how it shoots. 

It was a very limited timeframe today but I was able to put a few rounds through it and over the chrono. The load that made major out of my Glock came in at 162.6 in the CK also I will be upping that a couple tenths and trying again. The gun soaks up recoil so beautifully and the dot tracking was excellent. I can’t wait to see what it really does once I’m in the 170-175PF range. 

15 hours ago, Wvaughn7 said:

It was a very limited timeframe today but I was able to put a few rounds through it and over the chrono. The load that made major out of my Glock came in at 162.6 in the CK also I will be upping that a couple tenths and trying again. The gun soaks up recoil so beautifully and the dot tracking was excellent. I can’t wait to see what it really does once I’m in the 170-175PF range. 

Glad you liked it. These guns really handle major ammo incredibly well. I got out to shoot my trubor yesterday for the first time and i couldnt believe how flat they shoot. I thought my Glock was a flat shooter, but compared to the 2011 it’s violent. It’s not even close man. The extra weight really helps keep the gun flat. 

I didnt chrono my loads that make major out of my Glock, I’ll have to check that next week. I think the barrel with threading on my g34 is close to 6 inches, probably a bit under. And the trubor being just 5 inches, will see how much velocity I loose. They felt so soft in the sti though. I can’t wait to get out and shoot it again.