Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Torque P320 X-Five rearsight plate screws/ Romeo 1 MRDS

mloch

Hey!

Does anybody know the torque specs for ...

- the screws of the rearsight plate

- the mounting screws of the Romeo 1 MRDS

... on the P320 X-Five?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Marijan

Thanks for the info guys!  Much appreciated!

25-30 inch pounds sound pretty much ... but when 30 inch pounds are even mentioned in the manual ...

And with what kind of torque are you retighten the screws of the factory rear sight  plate when you go back to iron sights?

Because torque drivers all vary on accuracy, I usually torque a bit under the limit. I add a drop or two of oil tolerant blue threadlocker on the fasteners which also acts as a lubricant so yeah I'm not going to set the driver at 30 in lb. I haven't had my Romeo1 shift at all at 25. . Apples and Oranges but Trijicon only calls for 11 in lb for the RMR fasteners. Yes, 11. I emailed and asked and that was their reply. So 25-30 in lb is A LOT.

Edited by 021411

The only thing I could find online is the spec for the picatinny rail mount at 30 in-lbs.  Not sure that same torque should be applied to slide mounting screws.  But for direct pistol mounting, it references some mysterious addendum that I can't locate online.

MOUNTING THE SIGHT

• The ROMEO1 is available with multiple mounting options – M1913 mount (compatible with M1913 Picatinny and Weaver style accessory rails), KeyMod mount, and a kit that provides direct mount adapters for a selection of popular handgun applications

M1913 mount: this option includes an installed M1913 Picatinny rail compatible low mount and a spacer block. The spacer block is provided to allow true co-witness with standard height AR/MSR iron sights (1.41” height above rail). When mounting the ROMEO1 for a true co-witness, remove the existing mounting screws that attach the ROMEO1 to the M1913 base. Position the spacer block between the bottom of the sight and the top of the M1913 mount, aligning the pins on the top of the spacer block with the positioning pin holes on the bottom rear of the sight. Align the positioning pins on top of the M1913 base with the corresponding positioning pin holes on the bottom of the spacer block. Using the (2) longer mounting screws, attach the sight, spacer block, and M1913 mount, tightening to 30 in/lbs.

KeyMod mount: this option includes an installed KeyMod compatible low mount for interface with industry-standard KeyMod hand guards and accessory rails. The KeyMod mount installs in the same fashion as the M1913 mount without spacer.

Pistol Mount Kit: This option includes mounting plates and dovetail blocks that allow the ROMEO1 sight to be mounted directly to the slide of many of the most popular handguns in the market, without permanent modification to the firearm. Detailed mounting instructions are included as an addendum to the manual for those kits.

• The ROMEO1 is designed for use on a wide range of firearms (handguns, rifles, shotguns). Because the ROMEO1 has infinite eye relief, the sight can be mounted almost anywhere a mating accessory rail exists. The closer the sight remains to the bore axis, the better accuracy results you’ll encounter.

if one goes online there are a lot of web sites with torque specs for specific sized fasteners.  a M3 screw is torqued about 1.5 nm or 13.3 inch pounds.  its what i used for my FF3.  anything more i am sure would start to round the head of the allen wrench.   when i had my DPP i torqued the screws to 25 inch pounds and when it came to time to take it off i rounded the torx holes. 

https://www.holo-krome.com/uploads/7/2/7/5/72754089/hk_torquedatachart.pdf

I have three separate Romeo 1 sights on three separate X5 and X-Carry pistols, on one of them if I go over 25 the sight control buttons stop working (yeah I will eventually send it in).  I’m running 23 lb-in (as measured with a calibrated wrench) on all of them with no problems.

i think 30 is what was intended for the Picatinny mount available on one of the Romeo1 sku’s.  30 is nuts on this size thread and fastener.