Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AimCam eyeglass camera?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

They're fantastic.

You can see some videos on my IG. All the latest ones are the AimCam.

https://www.instagram.com/joshbresett/?r=nametag

Pros: great quality, battery life, usability, durability, and you can point the camera right where you want it.

Cons: the FOV is a little smaller than other action cams, the glasses are comfortable, but ear pro must be plugs.

They're superior to pivothead glasses by far. 

Edited by daytona955i

5 hours ago, daytona955i said:

They're fantastic.

You can see some videos on my IG. All the latest ones are the AimCam.

Pros: great quality, battery life, usability, durability, and you can point the camera right where you want it.

Cons: the FOV is a little smaller than other action cams, the glasses are comfortable, but ear pro must be plugs.

They're superior to pivothead glasses by far. 

And your IG is??????

• 2 weeks later...

I really would like to get a pair of these, but the only thing that's stopping me is that they don't look like they will fit under a pair of muffs without messing up the seal.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Edit: I see the post further up saying that they don't really work with muffs. That's too bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I think they're just ANSI certified, so not really that great protection, and don't offer a lot of coverage like over the eyes if your head is lowered. Pretty much the only reason I haven't picked them up or was in any way interested. Then again, I've never been hit in the glasses with a ricochet, but I wouldn't feel confident trusting something that's really only rated for shop use.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, jschweg said:

I really would like to get a pair of these, but the only thing that's stopping me is that they don't look like they will fit under a pair of muffs without messing up the seal.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Edit: I see the post further up saying that they don't really work with muffs. That's too bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Get yourself a quality set of plugs and never have to worry about the arms being dug into the sides of your head again!

1 hour ago, FatPanda said:

Get yourself a quality set of plugs and never have to worry about the arms being dug into the sides of your head again!

The problem is that I do a lot of indoor matches in the winter and I haven't really found a set of plugs that reduce the noise enough and still let me hear the range commands clearly. This is why it's been hard to make the switch from my electronic muffs.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:24 AM, MJinPA said:

The aim feature seems really cool. Would love to see an option to fit the camera to any pair of glasses

Same here.  I don't see any provisions for prescription glasses/lenses.

I don't know how often their website is updated but it appears they have upgrade their lenses to shooting quality, not just shop quality.