Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rules

conditionone

I agree...you have to shoot all the other stages really well...at my age I'm excited to be close to getting that M in PCCO (84.11) just have to really go for it on those seven other ones.

Getting settled down after moving is the key to OL.  I only get to 'practice' at matches, because only one club shoots it.  I finally started reducing my stage times when I didn't try to move as quickly as possible.  It is much better to be a tad slower and arrive composed and ready to shoot.

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, xpierrat said:

Well it looks like they pretty well screwed the elderly and handicaped….  4 sec penalty for OL made it into the rule book foe 2019   so much for progressive thinking

I would really have preferred 3 seconds. i would never choose to shoot it from one box because even at 57 my shot-to-shot time is well under 3 seconds for the movement, but I think 4 seconds is an unnecessary barrier to disabled persons (some of whom are damn good shooters).

I don't know about that.  I'm a B in Open and standing in the center box and taking 12 seconds penalty would improve my time a tad.  9 seconds of penalty would result in times faster than Class A.  I'm surprised they didn't drop it, but I'm happy with 4.  It will keep people from gaining the system.

Please take no offense ZZT... but if you can not break the 2nd shot... move and break the 3rd shot in less than 3 Seconds ….then you have work to do on this stage …. most shooters in a CF class would be hard pressed to shoot the stage from the center box in less than 3.5     and add 9 seconds of penalty you end up with 19.5 for your time 

This "might" help a D,C, and a mid to low level B but if they are gaming it … they will never improve over a mid B until they learn to move.  Even though I gain on most of my competitors on this stage and should want it to remain a movement stage I would rather see it with no movement and end once and for all this discussion ….. 4 seconds was adopted to stop anyone from gaming the stage BUT it is a real punitive penalty for someone who can not move at all.... It is a shame in a shooting sport where a mobility handicaped shooter can fairly and evenly compete...…. till we get to this stage.... then we punish them because we are worried that someone will game the system.

I take no offense x.  I'll never break 3 seconds, because I'm 71, slow, and have a left foot and ankle that don't work as intended.  They have been broken too many times.  Even so, I'll never take the penalty no matter how long it takes me to move.  As far as I'm concerned, if you can walk from stage to stage, you can walk between boxes.

A most definite extra handicap for the older and handicapped shooter...especially if you are an A class shooter getting close to M (PCCO:84.56)...I'm 72 soon to be 73 and use a cane, I can walk short distances without it ... I really don't want to try to beat  4 sec and possibly fall down in the process...kind of a turn off for me.

edyan / A646