Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Wildcat .40 Perfect Sight Hbar Performance

Posvar

I am thinking about playing in limited again next year and really like my Phanterra 9mm major gun. Johnny says the best shooting Limcat limited gun in his opinion is a 5” Wildcat .40 Perfect Sight Hbar with metal grip. Does anyone shoot one of these and if so can provide some user feedback? Looks like options are a Wildcat Tracker with hybrid barrel, Wildcat Hbar, and the Perfect Sight Hbar.

I would love to find a nice used one that I can send for spa treatment and refinements to my liking. 

Really not looking for recommendations on any other guns. :)

Thanks 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have  picked up 2 Limcats over the last few months. They are great guns and they stand behind them. 

a 5” limcat perfect sight with the older version of steel grip. Not actually a hbar but weighs in at 51.5 oz. it is pretty flat shooting but the grip isn’t quite grippy enough for me. It is very controllable though.

I also have a 5” wildcat tracker with PT aggressive grip. It shreds my weak hand after a few hundred rounds so I’m still building calluses. Have thought about getting it filed down just a bit. This thing shoots OMG amazing! It is one of the flattest shooting pistols I’ve ever shot. It weighs in at around 46 oz. 

3ED74814-8407-4B1F-8E0F-995BB1C20003.jpeg

AE4D2145-7BFA-408E-B87F-5DC4A6D23AF4.jpeg

Edited by Novagunner

I was shooting the perfect sight but have moved to the tracker for matches. It has just a better feel for me. I think that I also transistion a bit quicker with it also.  My hand gets pretty ripped up if it is a bigger match or longer practice session with the aggressive grip but <200 round count matches are easy. 

It’s hard to decide which one. I’ve owned a few site trackers (SV, STI Apeiro, etc) and liked them. I also liked my heavy full dust cover Gans gun as well that I started with in limited. I may just do a wanted to buy ad and see what pops up before ordering new. 

For those that have/had a tracker or perfect sight what bullet weight did you end up with? I have always liked 200 but after trying 180 I did like the speed in which the slide worked and how the targets came back on track. The other site trackers I owned seems to be ok with both weights. A heavy Hbar perfect sight may like the 180 better but I don’t know. 

Having fired both the perfect sight h bar and the tracker, the perfect sight h bar was flatter shooting. Both were shot with 180 xtreme hp over n320 @ 1.18 .

These were friends guns that i shot , i never tried one in a match, just messing around on the range .

14 hours ago, Sprig said:

Having fired both the perfect sight h bar and the tracker, the perfect sight h bar was flatter shooting. Both were shot with 180 xtreme hp over n320 @ 1.18 .

These were friends guns that i shot , i never tried one in a match, just messing around on the range .

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Posvar said:

I had Johnny put the grip and new safeties on one of my open guns. The new shielded  safeties are amazing. 

How do you like the way the blaster performs, i am om the fence about ordering one.