Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P226 MK Problem

Target Seeker

I have a Sig P226 and the Magazine Safety Spring has broken twice.  When it is broken the mags won't load or if it breaks with a mag in it they will not drop out, and the pistol will not fire.  The slide works but the trigger will not fire.  I know this Safety Spring is a feature that California insists on being installed to sell here in this state.

My question is.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Since this is the second time it has happened I want to know the cause.  Is it a factory defect or am I doing something wrong.

I want to compliment Sig on their quick response and willingness to fix it right away.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Sig P226 and the Magazine Safety Spring has broken twice.  When it is broken the mags won't load or if it breaks with a mag in it they will not drop out, and the pistol will not fire.  The slide works but the trigger will not fire.  I know this Safety Spring is a feature that California insists on being installed to sell here in this state.

My question is.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Since this is the second time it has happened I want to know the cause.  Is it a factory defect or am I doing something wrong.

I want to compliment Sig on their quick response and willingness to fix it right away.

Can you “de-neuter” it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Target Seeker said:

I probably can but I don't want to void my warranty in case something else happens and I need to send it in.

I have no experience with P-series mag safeties, but if it's a simple matter of removing certain parts, you can just reinstall them before you send it back in for anything.  Just make sure that, if something else does go wrong in the future, whatever is wrong still happens once you reinstall the parts.  Otherwise they won't be able to replicate it (and it may have to do with the parts being missing in the first place).

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with JAFO.  IF you should ever need to send it in, either reinstall the parts or tell them they were removed because it failed repeatedly, then send in the bad parts with the rest of the pistol.  I genuinely believe you will be okay.  If you want more comfort than that, find a Certified Sig Classic Series Armorer like me to vouch for the problems and be the person to contact Sig to request factory intervention.