Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 ransom rest test acme 147 gr. F/p

Dwbsig

I thought this test would be helpful to a few folks. My s2 is stock except some spring changes have not reamed the barrel its stock. I have a good friend that tested some of my acme 147 gr f/p loads did not crono any loads just shot some groups to find the best oal.

All loads are the same except for oal changes, shot at twenty five yards. Ten/elven shot groups usally one flyer was disregarded on almost every group.

1. Fiocchi primer,blazer brass

sport pistol powder 3.2 grs

147 gr flat point 1.100 oal. 1.9" group

2. 1.110 oal 1.6"group  second group shot to see if the test was repeating  1.110 oal 1.8" group

3 1.120 oal. 1.8" group

4. 1.130 oal. 1.95"group   this oal was a push test length right against the rifling.

image.jpeg

50 minutes ago, IronicTwitch said:

How do you discount a flyer when shot from a ransom rest?

I could count the flyer it would add probably a1/4" to the groups the Reason I thur it out was these loads used range brass that had been fired several times and it was like EERW said frist shot out of the gun I really didn't keep up with it. This was not meant be very scientific I was just looking for the best oal for this bullet.

Edited by Dwbsig

I tested Sport Pistol the other day in some Glock 34's.  Precision Delta 147 Fed 100, COL 1.145 3.4 gr 880 FPS.  I thought it had low smoke and was very accurate.  Four of us shot it and we were unable to perceive the difference between the SP 3.4 and N320 3.4 gr load.

Thanks for posting your test results!