Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Hand guard choice

breekarms

MLOK for me as its combination of looks comfort and accessories, quad rails are just simply unnecessary at this point i believe, I am a 3 gun shooter so minimalisting has been the theme. I run a mlok forend or both my ARs with a strike industries SI link and im done. If you have specific accessories that are only available in one or the other then obviously that could be the choice. But MLOK seems to be the standard nowadays from what I have seen, and lets be honest, keymod looks like the storage rack mounts from the home depot What are you building it for?.  

I see no quad rails at 3 gun match's.  Maybe LEO/MIL is still using not sure?  I don't know if they sell rifles with them anymore.  The OD is HUGE on quad rails and you can attach whatever you want to keymod or mlok.  I would recommend a 15" rail whatever you get.

Something else to consider is the handguard material.  I had a keymod attachment slip consistently when attached to a carbon fiber handguard.   CF can be pretty slippery. I haven't tested any MLOK attachments on CF.

Had one quad rail that came with an upper and promptly sold it.