Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New frontier Arms lower

very common problem, some NFA/PSA lowers are worse that others.

currently using a few strips of 3M vinyl stuck on the back of my mags to take up the slack.

the Taccom feed ramp helps as well

Edited by mmlook

I started having feeding problems with my NFA lower, went to a taccom feed ramp and JP barrel. Now it feeds ok just can't do speed reloads with any magazines. I can push and pull to seat a mag but I'm about to give up and find another lower unless someone has a decent fix.

Have you tried contacting their CS?  I asked them that same question two years ago.  They said that they designed this to have the mag oversized to accommodate all the various makes of Glock mags.  Mine does have some play in magazine well , but I have never had any issues like you mentioned.  All the issues I had was using aftermarket trigger groups.

Contact NFA and give your guns specifications. 

Everything worked fine when new. After around 2k rounds started having feeding problems installed ramp and new barrel at about the same time, fixed the fail to feed. Now having trouble with inserting mags ETS & Glock all sizes. They won't lock in without alot of jiggling.  

Are you still using the original mag catch?  When you say "jiggling" are you pushing the mag in then giving it a tug to get it to set.  Or are you moving the mag from front to back?

I switch the polymer mag catch out as soon as I get a lower receiver with the Odin Works Extended Mag Release.  Since its aluminum I've wondered if it might someday enlarge the notch in the magazine body where the catch locks in.  So far, no problems but no one magazine gets used all the time.

I was just talking about this on a different thread, I was having fits with one certain Glock mag, and the bad play is up and down more than front to back. I would have a round stick on it's way in, slap the mag on the bottom pushing it up and the round would feed. This was also with the factory plastic mag catch, I now have an Odin. See my new post tonight on my feed ramp thread, I may have solved that issue ?

My theory is pretty simple, and I"ve stated it here once before. The notch in a Glock mag on the left( pistol) side has a steel insert, the right( most PCC) does not. The mag I had issues with was used quite a bit. Newer mags were better, but not perfect. The plastic the Glock mag is made out of is soft, as was the plastic mag catch. These two things combined led to the mag and the catch both wearing a bit, allowing the up and down play. With the Odin aluminum catch and using all ETS mags now, the problem seems to be gone. The ETS mags are very hard plastic and will not wear.

I have never held or touched any other lower. I would be curious as to how this issue is/was eliminated ? I am thinking the JP and the QC10.