Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left side mag release lower

Run Colt mags in any decent lower. They engage the standard AR-15 magazine release, and LRBHO works better with Colts than any Glock mag if that’s important to you.

Toss a Troy ambi mag release into the gun and it’s perfect for a lefty.

(The Norgon and SIG MPX buttons work too, but the Troy has the best leverage and is in the perfect spot.) 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Run Colt mags in any decent lower. They engage the standard AR-15 magazine release, and LRBHO works better with Colts than any Glock mag if that’s important to you.

Toss a Troy ambi mag release into the gun and it’s perfect for a lefty.

(The Norgon and SIG MPX buttons work too, but the Troy has the best leverage and is in the perfect spot.) 

All opinion of course, but I prefer the High Velocity Arms or Forward Control Designs ambi releases waaaay more than the Troy release.  Anything's better than the Norgon design though, especially with stuffed full Colt mags.

@mahamoti perhaps you trigger finger is shorter than mine. I didn’t like how close that put the mag button to the lower half of my Strike enhanced bolt catch, and just wasn’t happy with the button being under the knuckle of the index finger.

The Troy design puts the release right where the pad of my index finger naturally rests alongside the gun.