Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore for SC Practice?

jkrispies

Is it possible to set up PractiScore to log a Steel Challenge practice session if I shoot it like a match?  (ie, All 8 stages, 5 runs apiece on a non-match day.). This would nOt be to upload to USPSA or anything, just for personal info.  I’m thinking that while alone it would be more convenient to log the times on a device than paper.  If anybody knows how, could you provide instructions?

I do it all the time. I just use the app on my phone. I have myself entered as a shooter 12 times Rowdy, Rowdy1, Rowdy2, etc. And you don't even have to shoot it like a match.

I build all sorts of stuff into practiscore for my practice sessions that only exists on my phone. That way I know, rather than guess, how I did run to run.

Sometimes I'll even put in fake numbers just to see quickly what the percentage that kind of run would generate.

Edited by rowdyb

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I do it all the time. I just use the app on my phone. I have myself entered as a shooter 12 times Rowdy, Rowdy1, Rowdy2, etc. And you don't even have to shoot it like a match.

I build all sorts of stuff into practiscore for my practice sessions that only exists on my phone. That way I know, rather than guess, how I did run to run.

Sometimes I'll even put in fake numbers just to see quickly what the percentage that kind of run would generate.

Cool ideas!  I'm looking forward to playing with this in practice.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:47 PM, rowdyb said:

So I created the match / added classifier stages / and added a bogus shooter in RFPO division;  Then entered 5 times for a stage ; review ; approve; 

I did not see ( iphone OS ) where it told me what percentage / class the numbers represented.   Where can I see the percentage ? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, stick said:

Once you understand the stage, It's not that hard. 

Care to explain?

I've shot it every way I can think of and finally reverted back to 1  2  4  5  Stop...  Probably the most common way to shoot Pendulum...  PCC...

Edited by RaylanGivens

27 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Care to explain?

I've shot it every way I can think of and finally reverted back to 1  2  4  5  Stop...  Probably the most common way to shoot Pendulum...  PCC...

Pendulum has several ways to shoot it.  Pendulum has two 12" plates at 6' and two 10" plates at 5'.  The stop plate is 10" at 5'.  The problem most people run into is with the transitions and height changes from the plates.  Try shooting it 1-2-5-4-stop.  It gives you a slightly longer transition from 2-5, but you're on the same level from 4-stop which allows for a faster transition.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:35 PM, stick said:

Pendulum has several ways to shoot it.  Pendulum has two 12" plates at 6' and two 10" plates at 5'.  The stop plate is 10" at 5'.  The problem most people run into is with the transitions and height changes from the plates.  Try shooting it 1-2-5-4-stop.  It gives you a slightly longer transition from 2-5, but you're on the same level from 4-stop which allows for a faster transition.

That makes sense...  I've tried  5  4  1  2  Stop...  I try to make the least number of direction changes possible...

I'll give it a shot at our next practice, thanks!

On 10/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, stick said:

Pendulum has several ways to shoot it. 

[snip]

Try shooting it 1-2-5-4-stop.  It gives you a slightly longer transition from 2-5, but you're on the same level from 4-stop which allows for a faster transition.

On Pendulum, the most misses (by far) I see occur on the 10" plates, in other words plates 2 and 4.  (Assuming we are counting as plates 1-5, not 1-4 and S.)  As such, if people are shooting 1254S, the number of people who screw up that plate, go to the stop plate, then go back, is pretty large.  Similarly speaking, the number of people who hit the stop plate and get a miss penalty is also pretty large.

I prefer going R-to-L, so I shoot 5421S.  The transition from a side plate to the center isn't a big deal,, since the stop plate is large and close, and going from an easier target to hit to the stop plate also raises the chance of not screwing up.

I've seen people do it all sorts of ways, so you should do whatever works well for you.  That being said, I've seen a number of high-level shooters just go straight across, then hit the stop plate.