Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 FDE - what front sight height?

Lior

Hi M&Pers. Am in the process of getting a 5" M&P 2.0 FDE for sporting purposes and am interested in knowing what front sight height I should consider in ordering. When I ordered Warren sights for the M&P Pro 0.190 was the correct height. Is it the same for the M&P 2.0 or is 1.65" or another height correct?

With thanks, Lior

I am also a Dawson precision fan. I use them on almost all of my handguns. If you purchase the front and rear together they give you whats called their "Perfect Impact" guarantee. If they don't regulate as you expect, a quick call to them will get you a free front sight to correct your point of impact.

The height you prefer is dependent on your aiming style. I think S&W sights are set up for a bullseye hold, sort of. I prefer a 6 o'clock hold for precise shots. I have found my M&P 2.0's to hit too low (even with a bullseye hold, thats why I said sort of.) even with Dawsons recommended .180 front sight.

Both my 2.0 5" FDE and my 2.0 9 compact have a .160 front with their .245 charger rear. Both guns hit the center of the bullseye at 15 yds using a 6 o'clock hold on a B17 target.

Edited by mpeltier