Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release for G35 suggestions please

nelson1each

Wife shoots a gen 4 Glock 35..it’s the Taran Tac combat master gun...the thing is pretty slick. Anyways she is not happy with the factory extended mag release as it’s hard for her to get it to release the mag sometimes...I messed with it yesterday and sometimes it gave me trouble too. I said no problem I’ll get a little longer mag release for you. Did some looking and obviously there is a bunch of options. So I figured I’d check here first for some opinions of what guys are running for extended mag releases on your competition guns. Thanks 

E0D2D002-B542-4750-81DF-76333E4663AE.jpeg

40 minutes ago, nelson1each said:

Any issues with aluminum vs plastic? I see they say it won’t tear up magazines but metal vs plastic...metal wins...thoughts on this?

Have not run it much sinceinstallled , but have not noticed any wear. Long term use I cannot vouch for yet.

2 hours ago, koteris said:

I’ve tried most of them. Finally settled on the rockyourglock extended gen4 release with their reduced power release spring. Works great for me, and pretty inexpensive. 

Didn’t know they made a reduced weight mag release spring...ordered one up to give that a try too

I've always ran a ZEV looks quiet long but I've never hit it accidentally, big button too and sticks out there pretty good, i like it especially since i still cant hit the release with out breaking my grip but its long enough for me to hit it with my middle finger of my firing hand....yea i got short thumbs i suppose haha

FYI, that doesn't look to be the OEM extended mag release.  The Gen 4 34/35 doesn't come with the extended release like the Gen 3 does.  You can tell the extended mag release apart as the front edge of it is more rounded.  The OEM extended mag release for the Gen 4 isn't as much of a difference as it is between regular and extended on the Gen 3, but for me it does make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, T-Free said:

Another vote for the teardrop from glock store.

i'm using  it  since  couple  years  now.since  i  hold  my gun very  high,the  tab  was  in the  way,so  i    mounted  the  tab  in reverse,and  the  problem went  away.  very nice  piece,not too long  and  not too short.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:40 PM, Slalom45 said:

I have the FBI Glock OEM release on my Gen 4 34. It only sticks out a millimeter or so more than the stock one, but I'm very happy with it. (No cool look points though if that's important)

Where did you get it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 7:10 PM, nelson1each said:

Any issues with aluminum vs plastic? I see they say it won’t tear up magazines but metal vs plastic...metal wins...thoughts on this?

Agreed. A metal mag release has shorted the life of my magazines over the stock or an after market polymer release.