Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Aftermarket Dillon 1050 Shellplate

2 hours ago, Brassaholic13 said:

Well, TNT bought our shell plates (FFB) in December of 2016, and came out with theirs in Feb of 2017.

So...  What's that tell you?  

They thought they could do better? I kid!!!!!, I kid...

BTW I bought a few of yours and am super happy with the quality. Thanks for making great products!

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, Laxman2809 said:

Looking for some recommendations on which to buy. Lots of options out there.

Got my 1050 with a forcht used and its seen better days. I think it might have some flex on it as well.

Looking primarily at the FFB and the TNT?

Have you bought anything yet?  Curious what you chose and why. 

On 10/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, Tokarev said:

Have you bought anything yet?  Curious what you chose and why. 

FFB fixed all my problems. The owner actually commented on this speaking about how the TNT plate was a copy of theirs. I already have many FFB parts and went with what I knew.

I like it, its noticeably hight quality.  

On 10/4/2018 at 7:10 PM, echotango said:

The FFB did nothing but jam when cases were going in. Tolerances were too tight.  Back to the Dillon plate and 10k rounds later, not one jam. 

Can't say I've had that problem with mine. I assume that you watched the video to ensure proper setup. I am sorry to hear you had issues.

35 minutes ago, Laxman2809 said:

Can't say I've had that problem with mine. I assume that you watched the video to ensure proper setup. I am sorry to hear you had issues.

Yes, even spoke with the guy who did the machining.  Said he was going to send me another and never got it or heard from him again.  Glad it is working for you.  

Do these shell plates really cut down on case wobble? I'm not running an autodrive on mine but I still smash the occasional case mouth against the decapping pin or the swage hold down rod.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2018 at 7:37 PM, Tokarev said:

Do these shell plates really cut down on case wobble? I'm not running an autodrive on mine but I still smash the occasional case mouth against the decapping pin or the swage hold down rod.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yesh it is definitely better.

The FFB did nothing but jam when cases were going in. Tolerances were too tight.  Back to the Dillon plate and 10k rounds later, not one jam. 

I had problems with mine when I first got it. It seems somewhat counter intuitive but they don't get tightened down as tight as the OEM plate. Following FFB's instructions and using a feeler gauge, I haven't had a failure to feed since (25k+ rounds).

I own 3 now and the tighter tolerances have reduced case wobble for me. Can't speak to the other brand because I haven't used one.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk