Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IF, I were to buy a Czechmate....

RGC

2 hours ago, George16 said:

I spray the inside of my mags with dry graphite lube after cleaning them. It’s the same lubricant I use on my mountain bike chains. Dust and dirt doesn’t adhere to the dry lube as much as it does to regular lubricants. 

I was definitely "interested" to see if dust was going to be an issue with the oil as the ranges I shoot at are all dusty gravel.  I think if you didn't clean any dropped mags immediately, it would be a problem waiting to happen. But Grams seems to know what he is talking about :)

Grams stuff just flat out works. I've got probably 20 mags running his 140 spring/follower combination in both 75 series 9mm and TS 40 S&W CZ's guns and a buddy is running his tuned 170's. 

Buy a new style Czechmate with the functional new checkering, buy a shitload of Grams springs/followers and a couple tuned 170's, swap to a Shadow 2 safety and grips of your choice and rock it! 

There's also a sub variant of one of the first generations.  It featured special grips that inserted deeper into the grip frame, which caused the gun to use CZ 75 size magazines rather than CZ TS size magazines.
You mean the CZ Champion?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RGC said:

Are there any differences other than those grip and trigger guard profiles?  Meaning internal structure/parts/etc?  And if so, positives vs negatives?

The differences in the trigger guard impact the insert you need if you're running a DAA racemaster/x holster.  I believe earlier generation CMs (possibly TS also) had issues with the barrels, which was resolved by different design in newer versions.  All internal parts are the same, as far as I'm aware.

I also hear rumor, there's a new design CM (possibly TSO/TS) to be released this year or early next.  No firm details regarding differences.

12 hours ago, CzViper said:

You mean the CZ Champion?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I never heard it called that, but it was just a pistol I saw at the range owned by a fellow local shooter.

Looks like this is a Champion. No, the pistol I am talking about looks like a circa 2013 Czechmate in every way except the grips are different internally.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my-most-recent-acquisitions.1619401/

Edited by adamge

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Sneexies said:

Ever have any issues with the slide mount moving needing to rezero? I just remember reading someone having that issue since the frame mount gets centered by the screws.

No. But use blue loctite on the 3 screws.

4 hours ago, Sneexies said:

Thanks. Going to place an order :)

Had mine for 5 months and a few matches. I'm new to USPSA and have about 10 Matches with this CM. I chased, bullet, powder and primers, for my gun it was finally settled with, Xtreme 135 RNFP with 6.4 Silhouette and Fed Small Pistol Magnum Primers. Misc. brass. I tried many different recoil springs. 8# gun was jumping too much for me. Went to 9, 10 and 11# spring. Finally just went back to the Stock Spring (I think it's a 13# Recoil Spring) gun flattened right out, go figure. Some CM owners lengthen the Leade to load longer, but there are choices out there to load 1.160 - 1.130 that work.

I use a front to back grip and light in the palm area. Gun drops right back to where it started, every time. In Matches my buddies are reporting the shots only need one paster to cover both holes.

I also use the Cmore and a Cheely 90 degree mount, and zero at 20 yards. Mine you this load I am using, is one ragged hole at 20 yards and what works for this gun, your mileage may vary. Good luck and congrats. Try stock first and let us know how it goes, write a report. Cheers.