Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IF, I were to buy a Czechmate....

RGC

I am looking at a few options in getting back into Open IPSC/USPSA.

I am looking at the Czechmate and Parrot as options.

Couple questions that I hope members here can help....

1) Parrot vs standard Czechmate...not a fan on the bling look of the Parrot, but performance wise, is it worth the premium?

2) IF I were to buy a Czechmate, and have another $800 or so to spend on it, what should/could I replace to increase performance?

Thanks!!

Thanks...well, of course the ammo would be a tad important...but was wondering in terms of the ignition system, mag tweaks, etc.

Coming from extensive 1911/2011 experience and the CZ platform is a little new (I built a few Tanfo xtremes with Grauffels parts but the Stock 2's were drop in).

Hopefully someone who has both will comment, but I'm not aware of a difference between the Czechmate and the Parrot but the color.

The Czechmate runs like a top right of the box although I prefer a horizontal mount for the optic.  I also recommend the CZC springs, followers, and base pads for 29+1 in the big stick and 23+1 in the short ones.  They've always run 100% for me using Montana Gold CMJs without tuning while JHPs suffered from random nose dives out of a fully loaded big stick.

Aside from that, the only improvement is my aluminum comp, which shaves 2oz off the muzzle ?

IMG_20180702_211853-1503x1838.thumb.jpg.6731a65ace8f6edbe41136c7f10592ae.jpg

And comp that is...

I used to run Infinity IMM's a number of years back.  I am looking to see whether I get back in the IMM wait line, Atlas liine, or move to a hinge trigger again.  I started my IPSC shooting in Canada with an SP01 Shadow and Tanfo Limited Customs.  I love the ergo...so contemplating it for an open run vs a 12 month wait.

I second the Grams mag tuning. Kneeling is really they only person I know of that hasn't had to have at least their big sticks tuned. They honestly just don't work very well, they are designed as 40 mags and the ribs don't go high enough up the tube to get consistent feeding. Beven will fix that for you, then they run 100%. One friend in particular gets 30+1 in his big sticks, which is awesome.

I am pretty sure Kneeling is right about the Parrot.. same thing, different colors. I wouldn't pay a premium for it, since you are likely to put a different magwell and grips on it and everything anyway. 

I routinely see three Czechmates at the shoots I go to.  One is the original and two are later with the TSO frame.  My buddy's is plain stock.  He shoots it with no issues.  All his mags work 100%.  Personaly, I don't like the grips.  I'd switch them out for Lok Thin Boogies.  They are awesome on my TS.  I think mag capacity is overrated; however, I'd probably do whatever I had to to maximize the 170. 

Thanks...wonder whom has one in stock in the Atlanta area.  I see on CZ's website they still list the old SKU?  Likely they have not updated it, but it looks like the old front/back strap.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:20 AM, selecw said:

Sidewinder racker, czc big magwell, Grams 170 mag tuning, czc extensions for 140 and 170 mags, IPSC Alex thumb rest

Thats it. More like $200 ..

Those of y’all that sent your mags to grams do y’all send just the 170s or the 140s also? I’ve read about guys sending the big stick due to problems but haven’t heard of someone sending their 140s. I plan to send my 170 to him for sure since it turns into a salt shaker if I load more than 26 rds with a czcustom basepad. I have extended basepads on the way for my 140s to try out

7 hours ago, love2fishnshoot said:

Those of y’all that sent your mags to grams do y’all send just the 170s or the 140s also? I’ve read about guys sending the big stick due to problems but haven’t heard of someone sending their 140s. I plan to send my 170 to him for sure since it turns into a salt shaker if I load more than 26 rds with a czcustom basepad. I have extended basepads on the way for my 140s to try out

I only sent the 170s. The 140s worked fine stock and when upgraded with Grams followers/springs and CZC extensions.

Just now, selecw said:

I only sent the 170s. The 140s worked fine stock and when upgraded with Grams followers/springs and CZC extensions.

Awesome thanks. I went ahead and ordered grams kits for all the mags along with czc basepads for the 140s. The 170 already has czc basepad. 

One of Grams recommendations is to wipe inside the 170s using a medium weight oil. I do this before a match using a few drops of red transmission oil on a cleaning pach. When the mag hits the ground in the match, I brush it out but don't apply new oil. I do this with 170s and 140s and it works.