Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Refurb Service

Has anyone here ever sent their press back to Dillon for a refresh?

https://www.dillonprecision.com/kb/article/12/refurbishing-your-dillon-precision-reloading-machine

While there isn't anything wrong with my press, it was purchased new in 1987 and I feel like it would benefit from some love, and for 70 bucks, this seems like a really nice deal.

Just looking for a few responses from some folks about worn parts that they replaced or maybe other parts that were unexpectedly replaced (bonus), etc.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I sent my 550B back for the same reason you mention i.e. nothing wrong, just needed a "proper" clean up.  Read the return procedures carefully as you pretty much have to take eveytghing off (handle, primer assembly etc) and basically forward a stripped down unit.  In my note to them, I asked for them to upgrade my press to a 550C which really only entails the addition of grease fittings at necessary lubing points.  The turn around was excellent < two weeks for sending out and having it back.  Additionally, you could not tell the difference from a brand spanking new unit.  They do an excellent job in communicating and in my case the technician who did the work called me personally to discuss his progress and anything special he may or may not needed to replace.  Bottom Line:  Well worth the expense to have them give your press the "love" as you noted.  Only other comment  in my case was I had the original box the 550 came in but because you strip every off,  I ended sending in a much smaller box I obtained and saved considerably on shipping.  Hope this information helps in your decision. 

Edited by Marty123

5 hours ago, jschweg said:

While there isn't anything wrong with my press, it was purchased new in 1987 and I feel like it would benefit from some love 

With Dillon's fantastic warranty, there's NO NEED to refurbish it     ?

Just use it until something breaks, and they'll send you a new something     :cheers:

No one provides better service than Dillon. I have used the refurb service twice on 650s with excellent results. I really wish they would stand behind the 1050 for non - commercial users.

Edited by jnr88

I sent my 650 back for a refurb with a check...got it back with a bunch of upgraded/new parts along with my check.  The note said something like...Warranty Work...No charge.  They even paid for the shipping back.  I felt guilty so I got on their website and ordered a bunch of other stuff.  Dillon rocks.

Both my 550’s were from estate sales.

First one was sent to Dillon and came back like new.  

Second one, I decided to rebuild it myself after watching the Dillon video on YouTube. 

Glad I did, learned a lot doing it.  

It was in pretty sad shape, springs stretched out, parts that were bent cause it was just thrown in a box. 

Gave Dillon a list of parts and no argument was given.  

I did have to buy the primer alarm and a couple other parts that were not on the original press.

i added another $150 worth of dies and accessories. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RL1050s have a one year warranty. We do offer a clean & lube service for them, for $229.95 plus the cost of major replacement parts.

The fee  also  covers shipping the loader back to you, (in the lower 48 States) but does not cover your costs to ship it to us.