Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA number change when renewed

jrdoran

I'm OCD and worried about my SCSA match score history.   

I just renewed my USPSA/SCSA account to a 5 year and the number when from A105260 to FYI105250   

I understand the prefix change, but what if any concerns should I have about data xfer.   Also going forward do I just use the new one ?    WHile I can log into uspsa.org using the new one, my scores on scsa are only reflected under the prior number/prefix. 

perhaps after the Wednesday recalc SCSA will catch up.   I'm sure I'm over thinking, but any concerns I should have about which number to use ?   

Great Catch;  My Typo;  No change in the 6 digit number, only the prefix.    Doh, so much for attention to detail on my part.  

So sounds like it will all 'migrate' to the new prefix/number.    USPSA seemed to do it instantly;  SCSA did not;  

Edited by jrdoran

Your uspsa number is only the actual numbers. The letter prefix merely denotes what type of membership you have. Annual, Three year, five year. Those change anytime you change the length of membership.

If you ever go to a life membership the number will also change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All set and I get the prefix on the membership type, but the reality is in order to check your scores, you need the prefix AND the number.  In my .02 should be just the number.   My guess is if I did NOT put the FYxxxxx in my next match and instead used the Axxxxx  it would not record.  

Thanks for everyone's quick help and insight.  

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into this issue as a score uploader. For the longest time USPSA didn't care if you had a TY or A in front.

I was uploading for the Steel Challenge side recently and a user did not get scores credited to his classification. He WAS an A#### who upgraded to TY#### . We didn't think his TY mattered because USPSA didn't care but apparently it did for Steel Challenge.

On the USPSA side the upload has some great tools. First on the scoring app, there is a nice feature to check for classification updates. MD can catch it there. Next is when you upload, there is a check screen now. I get it all the time for people that are Michael but reg for the match as Mike. 

Either way a simple email can resolve it all if you didnt get credit for your scores.