Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fair price for Steel Master

blacklab

I'm not sure what the rules are on this but I'm just looking for advice, please delete if not allowed. 

I have a STI Steal Master that I don't use and a friend of mine has been pestering me to sell it to him. I could use the money to fund another open gun build but I'm not sure what its worth. It has about 8k through it, stippled grip, Dawson magwell and trigger work done to it. I looked around on the web but the prices vary so much its had to nail down a number. He is a friend so I would like to treat him fair but I don't want to cut myself short ether. 

I'm not sure what the rules are on this but I'm just looking for advice, please delete if not allowed. 

I have a STI Steal Master that I don't use and a friend of mine has been pestering me to sell it to him. I could use the money to fund another open gun build but I'm not sure what its worth. It has about 8k through it, stippled grip, Dawson magwell and trigger work done to it. I looked around on the web but the prices vary so much its had to nail down a number. He is a friend so I would like to treat him fair but I don't want to cut myself short ether. 
I just sold mine for $2400 with one mag. after some hard negotiations since the new DVC is selling for X dollars more. PM me if you want more info.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

cconnection - Are those Steelmasters pre-set for low pf loads in the 110 to 120 range?  Thanks!

Their designed to work with factory ammo but I’ve heard of people running Major PF through them. 

Following. I have a steel master with pt grip on it and sv trigger. Gun is amazing. But all I shoot is white box. Heard you can’t ahoot major so wondering what has to be said about this 
I shot major out of mine with heavier spring in it. It was my backup Open gun and it did very well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry chuck. Didn’t mean to thread jack ya. I paid 1200 for mine with an rts 2 on it. Had about 2k through it.

My friend bought one with 200 rnds through it, and  from same guy I bought mine from. His had an rts2 and had it gone through and tuned up by Eddie Garcia. He paid 1800. Both with one mag. 

We did get them from a local club buddy and got good deals. Just to do some real contribution for your post haha

2 hours ago, k1llapanda said:

Sorry chuck. Didn’t mean to thread jack ya. I paid 1200 for mine with an rts 2 on it. Had about 2k through it.

My friend bought one with 200 rnds through it, and  from same guy I bought mine from. His had an rts2 and had it gone through and tuned up by Eddie Garcia. He paid 1800. Both with one mag. 

We did get them from a local club buddy and got good deals. Just to do some real contribution for your post haha

no problem. I just changed the title of the thread since I doubt anybody was going to look for a "steal master" ?