Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for a good PCC charging Handle?

40 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

Yes, they will work fine.  You just won’t be cool like us, lol.  I’d recommend starting with what you have and then playing with different versions that you come across at the range.  Where you find the difference is when you need to clear a jam on the clock, etc.  Everybody will have a different preference, and then you’ll get used to what you train with.  

Thats why I was asking.

i just got my PCC on Thursday and shot a match Friday night....TOO much fun!

i quickly realized that I miss the larger charging handle like on my ARs....so I’m getting a bigger one.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:14 AM, Startingover said:

I have been running the Next Level Armament charging handle.

I originally choose it because it was a few dollars cheaper than many others, but mostly because they also make one for my S&W M&P 15-22.

I often see many people recomend the Radian Raptor, and I know it's a quality product.

They just started making one for the S&W M&P 15-22 so I thought I would grab one to try out on my PCC for a while.

If I don't like it I can put it onto another gun.

Here is a comparison of the width of the two, I think I will probably end up sticking with the NLA after the test period, because I like the extra width, as it helps hold the gun up off of tables etc.

But I will try the Raptor for a while.

20181201_085445.jpg

I may be a little late here, but I just noticed that the two latch handles on the Raptor are different sizes.

Why?

49 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I may be a little late here, but I just noticed that the two latch handles on the Raptor are different sizes.

Why?

The right latch is full size, the left latch is slightly lower profile so that it is less "pokey" when you have your rifle slung over your left shoulder. That is an important feature to me because I spend a lot of time running with my rifle slung on my back in Run n Gun matches, so a full size charging latch would stab me in the back non stop. But it would be far less important to a USPSA PCC competitor.

15 hours ago, ClangClang said:

The right latch is full size, the left latch is slightly lower profile so that it is less "pokey" when you have your rifle slung over your left shoulder. That is an important feature to me because I spend a lot of time running with my rifle slung on my back in Run n Gun matches, so a full size charging latch would stab me in the back non stop. But it would be far less important to a USPSA PCC competitor.

I figured as much.

So I am guessing that all the uspsa guys still like them because they want the same latch on everything. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 5:07 PM, rishii said:

I’m running the Blackhawk latchless

larger than stock, totally ambidextrous, and has gas block like the much more expensive charging handles

Ever have any issues with it coming back with the bolt unintentionally during firing? Since it does not have a traditional latch to keep it in place I was concerned of this and heard  of others mentioning this happened to them with 300 Blackout ARs. Thanks.

5 hours ago, rishii said:

Not with my 9

it does have a flat spring that takes the place of the latch that holds it in place

Ok, thanks. It looks like a nice unit as does the Strike Industries unit. I would have the same question for that one also as far as coming back un intentionally during fire but maybe is only a concern with heavier recoiling calibers.